New arrows seem to be spined perfect

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those traditional archers who are interested in building their own custom arrows.
Forum rules
This area strictly for arrows. Building, flight or broadhead flight.
Cody2306

New arrows seem to be spined perfect

#1 Post by Cody2306 »

So I am shooting a new to me Bob Lee that I just picked up in the classifieds in a local forum... It's 55# at 28.. I'm drawing about 29.5 . So I'm thinking about 57#. I ordered some 300 traditional onlys with 18 grain inserts "I believe give it take a grain. " and 200 grn up front.. I also bought a darn arrow saw for like 140... I started bareshafting and there shooting straight I cant even see a mock left or right... "unless I have less than perfect form" I've taken my time and I can't see any issues in spine and not seeing a need to cut any shafts.. Now I'm like that's just my luck. I spend 140 on a arrow saw and there is no need to make any cuts.... Haha. Just thought I'd stop by to shoot the $hit... Lol

Graps

Re: New arrows seem to be spined perfect

#2 Post by Graps »

Sounds like your golden.
I have done things like that. You might just use that saw down the road.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Shadowhntr

#3 Post by Shadowhntr »

Yes that's great news actually. I'm the same way with 500 full lengths. I'll take it any day!
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Longtrad

#4 Post by Longtrad »

That arrow saw will come in handy down the road. When you break the front of those carbons you will be able to cut them down and make Fluflus if nothing else.

glad you got some arrows tuned to your rig. I bet that bow is fast with your longer draw and 55# limbs.

Shadowhntr

#5 Post by Shadowhntr »

Longtrad wrote: When you break the front of those carbons.......
Hmmmmm....Ive no doubt it will happen to me, but using footings with brass inserts I haven't had that happen yet, and I've certainly thought it should have happened a few times with the punishments I've given them! A few times I was like...really????...not broken???....

Tougher then nails when both ends are footed I'll say that!
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#6 Post by Carpdaddy »

Agree with that Shadow. And good on the shafts Cody. That saw will last a long time, especially if you don’t have to use it.

Longtrad

#7 Post by Longtrad »

With brass inserts and footings you just might loose the carbons before you break them :0 at least I would

or maybe just bend the insert a little worst case scenario

I never did a nock footing, I don't think I have had any split along the back end, not that I can remember at least.

Return to “All about arrows”