Black Eagle Instinct Traditional?

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those traditional archers who are interested in building their own custom arrows.
Forum rules
This area strictly for arrows. Building, flight or broadhead flight.
gettin closer

Black Eagle Instinct Traditional?

#1 Post by gettin closer »

Has anyone had any experience with the Black Eagle Instinct Traditional arrow shafts?

I have a 31 3/4" draw. Most arrows are 32" long so I tend to shoot full length shafts. I noticed that the Black Eagle Instinct Traditional arrow is 34" long and would allow for more arrow flexibility. What have your experiences been with them?

stumper

Re: Black Eagle Instinct Traditional?

#2 Post by stumper »

none here, but I nominate you chief Ginnie pig.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

jd-xlt

#3 Post by jd-xlt »

Hey getting,
I've got a 31" draw. I bought a set of SF elite ilf limbs at 34# and needed lighter spined arrows. I bought 6 BE vintage fletched from LAS. I stripped the feathers off one for bare shaft tuning. They are 34" I ended up cutting 1" off the arrows to stiffen them up some. First time I've cut a shaft, but they fly great.

John
"Though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed day by day,"

gettin closer

#4 Post by gettin closer »

Thanks for the input. It seems there is a lot of people who like the vintage (standard diameter shafts 9.2gpi). I cannot find much info on the instinct shafts (micro diameter 9.4gpi) with the outserts. I find it interesting that the standard diameter shafts are lighter (less material) per inch than the micro diameter shafts :?:
That makes me think that the instinct micro shafts must be or might be stronger and be more resilient...

I am thinking about giving them a call and seeing if they will sell me a test kit (1 arrow with outsert in the 3 most likely spine shaft). I have time to learn more about them as my new bow will not be ready till maybe early July.

Return to “All about arrows”