Best TRAD bow?

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those who enjoy the craft of building traditional bows.
Forum rules
No selling of traditional bows you manufactured. Only sponsors are allowed to post new bows for sale.
Captainkirk
Site Admin

Best TRAD bow?

#1 Post by Captainkirk »

What is the best recurve/long bow you (ever) own(ed)?
This can be a commercially made bow, selfbow, custom...whatever.
Please include details as to why you think so...
Aim small, miss small!

stumper

Re: Best bow?

#2 Post by stumper »

Flatline cardiac arrest and widow maker. No handshock beautiful pieces of art and shoot like no other bows I have shot.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Graps

#3 Post by Graps »

Javaman Helms Deep, best recurve.
Flatline Bows Hypertension, best longbow.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Longtrad

#4 Post by Longtrad »

Toelke Pika for many reasons. I think the toelke bows are lookers but they back it up in the preformance department as well. My 51# Pika doesn't feel like it's that heavy at all even though it's only 54"es long. Smooooth and light feeling. My other 50 and even 45 pound bows all feel stiffer to me. on top of being smooth as greased owl poo, it also doesn't have any hand shock, the tips are very small and refined, and the grip is one of my favorites.

The cherry on top is that it's a two piece bow that can be broke down and stashed in the back quiver along with the arrows for traveling or bike rides.

Shadowhntr

Re: Best TRAD bow?

#5 Post by Shadowhntr »

Best bow huh?.....

Well I interpret that to mean the following...
Great feel in the hand from balance and grip area, dead upon shot with no percieved recoil, perfect mass weight, highly accurate, smooth drawing making it seem lighter in poundage, not too short or too long, warm and feels like part of your own body instead of feeling more like a tool, fast and flat shooting, and finallydrop dead gorgeous.

For me, only my Toelke Whip has truly met all these.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#6 Post by Carpdaddy »

Hard for me to answer this one, never owned but one store bought bow, and it was given to me years ago. So guess I’ll have to go with one of my own Having nothing to compare with.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#7 Post by Captainkirk »

Carpdaddy wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:48 am Hard for me to answer this one, never owned but one store bought bow, and it was given to me years ago. So guess I’ll have to go with one of my own Having nothing to compare with.
OK, I'll bite...which one?
Aim small, miss small!

Longtrad

#8 Post by Longtrad »

Yeah CD I'd be interested to hear which one and why.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#9 Post by Carpdaddy »

Opps sorry guys; I don’t really have a favorite, it’s the one I hunt with that day. I was just saying that I never have had different brand names to compare.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#10 Post by Captainkirk »

That's what I call treating them fairly, Tony.
I've leaned towards spoiling my Grizzly. Hoping to break the cycle with my new Elk Seeker I got from Larry.
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “The Bowyer”