First attempt at self bow

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those who enjoy the craft of building traditional bows.
Forum rules
No selling of traditional bows you manufactured. Only sponsors are allowed to post new bows for sale.
Greg Felty

Re: First attempt at self bow

#51 Post by Greg Felty »

Very nice looking bow, you are a true craftsman.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Feanor

#52 Post by Feanor »

No worries. Not a lot of people have heard of it so I try to spread the knowledge.
I've only made a couple of kids bows, Rowan was the last one made of, and a beginner's bow from Ash. Was making one for myself out of Hazel but it twisted in drying and I couldn't be bothered fixing it. Wasn't that great a stave to begin with.
Would love to try my hand on Osage but it doesn't grow in Sweden.

Graps

#53 Post by Graps »

Feanor, welcome to the site.
Hope to see you here often. :)
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#54 Post by Captainkirk »

Welcome aboard, Feanor! Drop by the New Member Check-In thread and introduce yourself!

https://www.tradhunter.com/tradhunter/f ... m.php?f=65
Aim small, miss small!

Feanor

#55 Post by Feanor »

Thank you. Nice that the exchange of information is already in full swing. Dakota hadn't heard of maelming and I first saw "trapped back" mentioned here. Not a bad yield for not even a full day. ☺

Return to “The Bowyer”