Had to get some wood curls

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those who enjoy the craft of building traditional bows.
Forum rules
No selling of traditional bows you manufactured. Only sponsors are allowed to post new bows for sale.
jaydee2trad

Had to get some wood curls

#1 Post by jaydee2trad »

It's been a pretty rough two months for me being sick and all. hard starng at a stave too. but the sun was out (for a while) and so I opened the garage door and dragged out my stand for my bows. managed about thirty minutes before the sun was gone and it cooled back down. Lightly scraped the sides to clean them up some and narrow it them a tiny bit. also worked the belly some, trying to get a better floor tiller. it was good just to see some wood curling up with the scraper, even if it was just a little bit of time. Got half of a small knot on the side of a limb about 6 inches from the fadeout that I plan to take out. there is offsetting wood on the opposite side to keep it good. just felt good to see some wood curling up. The sun quit me and it began to get cool plus the water pill had kicked in so I closed shop. Brought the stave inside to inspect and mark my next session. Taking it nice and slow, going to do my best to make my best bow so far. going to be a slow build but it is what it is.

Return to “The Bowyer”