Mighty Slaw!!!

Share your curing methods and recipes.
Forum rules
Share all recipes and anything pertaining to the cooking of wild game.
Cookies

Mighty Slaw!!!

#1 Post by Cookies »

By popular demand, here's the slaw recipe to go with the pulled venison:

This is supposed to make 4-6 adult servings. Personal experience has led me to believe this is false. I consume about half of this batch under the guise of "quality control". One full batch usually feeds me, my wife and out 2 year old daughter, with just enough left as a side for lunch. Of time is of the essence you can use bagged coleslaw fixins instead of all the chopping. The sauce will do up to 2 bags' worth.

Whisk together 1 Tbsp. light brown sugar, 2 tsp. kosher salt, 1 tsp. paprika, 1/2 tsp. dry mustard, 1/2 tsp. dried oregano, 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, 1/4 tsp. granulated garlic, 1/4 tsp. ground coriander, and 1/4 tsp. onion powder. Whisk in 1/2 cup mayonnaise and 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar until sugar dissolves.

Cut 1/2 head cabbage (about 1 lb.) into thick slices; cut slices crosswise. Fold cabbage, 1 cup diced green bell pepper*, and 1 cup diced red onion into mayonnaise mixture until coated. Let stand 1 hour before serving, tossing occasionally.
*Personally, I replace the bell pepper with shredded carrot.

Bon appetite!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: Mighty Slaw!!!

#2 Post by Carpdaddy »

Why can't you move closer so I can come by and sample it? Canada is just to fur up the holler fur me.

scaler

#3 Post by scaler »

Printed! thanks

Cookies

#4 Post by Cookies »

Pleasure is all mine. Enjoy!
I should also mention, it still works if you feel like grinding up coriander (or if you just don't want to use it)

Return to “Recipes”