Help me come up with a design.

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those traditional archers who also enjoy the fine craft of making Custom Knives and Hawks.
Forum rules
Topics include Knife and Hawk questions, advice and build alongs.
stumper

Re: Help me come up with a design.

#31 Post by stumper »

Nice choice!
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Grizzly

#32 Post by Grizzly »

Just a thought. That knife seems to be similiar to what a caper or a knife that can do alot of detail work. I love the sweeping curve up front. If you are going to do file work of the top spine of the knife for good gripping, shouldn't you do the same behind the cutting blade for those who might choke up on it? I really can't say or help here because I've had no need to use a knife like that, as I'm sure others have.

The Spyderco paramilitary 2 is very popular and is very grippy, with multiple hand positions available. Of coarse the spine doesn't have to raise up like this one.
They do that for the hole for opening.
spyderco-c81gpbk2-t-paramilitary-2-blk.jpg
spyderco-c81gpbk2-t-paramilitary-2-blk.jpg (15.67 KiB) Viewed 345 times
/www.google.com/search?q=caping+knives&r ... 40&bih=758

This link shows that style of caping knife much better than the folder. But that may not be what you are after.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

stumper

#33 Post by stumper »

I carry that knife on my tactical vest.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Grizzly

#34 Post by Grizzly »

I'd lost a mini grip and someone in town on Craig's list had 3 versions of this. After studying how to id the counterfeits and looking at his 3, I bought the black one shortly before retiring. I've been very happy with it. I don't have a vest for it, but I do carry it in my off side pocket. I noticed today that by doing that, I need to move the clip so that it is in a better position to open left handed.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Graps

#35 Post by Graps »

Kinda looks like what I had in mind.
20181009_001721~01.jpg
20181009_001721~01.jpg (53.31 KiB) Viewed 329 times
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Elkman
Site Admin

#36 Post by Elkman »

Getting started I see. Looks good so far.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Grizzly

#37 Post by Grizzly »

Nice blade shape with alot of usable cutting edge. I like the sweep and long upward curve to the point. The rise in the handle is new to me. It gives it a new, unfamiliar look, but just may hold an advantage as a working knife. I can almost see a hide coming off already. Thanks for sharing your projects.

Greg Felty

#38 Post by Greg Felty »

I like that style.It should be a nice one.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Graps

#39 Post by Graps »

Got the guard rivited on.
20181010_190724~01.jpg
20181010_190724~01.jpg (50.45 KiB) Viewed 308 times
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Graps

#40 Post by Graps »

The point of no return.
20181010_213844~01.jpg
20181010_213844~01.jpg (39.68 KiB) Viewed 303 times

Return to “Knives and Hawks”