Cancer follow up

This forum is for sharing all your prayers for family and fellow members of the traditional archery community.
Forum rules
Prayers and concerns involving members families and friends.
AWPForester

Cancer follow up

#1 Post by AWPForester »

I am thrity five years old and lived a good life. I have been very active in sports and all hunting, fishing, and outdoor activities my whole life and my love to be outside in the woods which is while I chose to be a Forester. In September of 2010 I was diagnosed with testicular Cancer. It had already made it into my lymph system, so I underwent three months of Chemotherapy. It was the most horrible time in my life and the pain and suffering was and still is horrible. The docs said it would take me a year to get back to normal and as i am sure some of you know. Chemo is so bad there is no way to describe it. The good news is I was diagonsed as cancer free other than three sligtly swollen lymph nodes in my chest in Jan, 2011. I had brochitis so they felt that was the problem and i agreed. I went back in march and they had shrunk almost to normal size so things look great. I have to go back on May the 2nd for follow up and if things look good they are going to start every six months doing follow ups.

I am asking that you guys pray for me and my family. I say this with the true sincerity, I hope none of you ever expierence this first hand or at all, and I truly don't want to or can even think about going through this again at this point. Pray we are thru with this. God has a plan and is always good, I just hope that our expierence with cancer is over. But I trust in him and hope and pray we are through with this. Good day and God Bless.

bjorn

Re: Cancer follow up

#2 Post by bjorn »

Forester I enjoy your posts and I will certainly pray for you every time. We want you to stick around brother!
Bjorn

TradRat

#3 Post by TradRat »

My family and I are believers and will be sending up prayers for you and your family! Take care of yourself and stick with the followups.
"It is not the end result but, the lessons and the journey of the hunt that count!" TW Lanoy

Venator

#4 Post by Venator »

Good luck on your May follow up, many thoughts and prays will be with you.

Believe you can, and you are halfway their! - Teddy Roosevelt

centaurian

#5 Post by centaurian »

Prayers going your way bro, to you and yours.

snag

#6 Post by snag »

Forester, sounds like you have a good relationship with our Creator. That is where our comfort, joy, security and calm lies amongst the storms of this life. Be strong in Him. Prayer on it's way brother.

Tradman

#7 Post by Tradman »

awp, while i am not a very religous person i do believe in god.i will say a prayer for you my brother.be strong.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHAT'S RIGHT AND IT'S NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHAT'S WRONG....LOU HOLTZ

Stalker

#8 Post by Stalker »

Sorry that you and your family had to go through such a horrible thing. I have a friend who went through that 20yrs ago and has been cancer free ever since! I wish nothing but the best for you and your family. Stay strong and happy hunting. Tim

silk

#9 Post by silk »

Prayer said for you brother ... Gods plans are bigger than we will ever understand. God Bless you and your family.

Steve

Hunter 709

#10 Post by Hunter 709 »

Wow man, thanks for sharing your journey with your illness with us, I'm glad to hear things are looking up despite the harshness of chemo. You can hardly talk to anyone who has not in some way been touched by this disease. I have thought of you several times in the last few days since I read your post and my prayer for you and your family is that you will be 100% clear of the cancer. We serve a great God and the ultimate healer. As you said "God has a plan and is always good", what a great attitude to have through the stormy times. Thanks for encouraging me.
Earl

Return to “Prayers”