Mystery Bear Film Coming Soon

History of Archery and collecting antique and collectible Traditional Archery supplies.
Forum rules
This forum is for discussing the history of archery. The collecting of antique and collectible traditional archery items. Not for selling items or trading. Not for selling items you manufactured unless you are a sponsor.
Crazynate

Mystery Bear Film Coming Soon

#1 Post by Crazynate »

I've mentioned this before but I have an old film I got from a collector friend of mine last year. It's an old bear film on 8mm. The title is Bear Archery Fun With A Bow And Arrow. Well without any luck I have been unable to find any info about this specific title and the year it was possibly made. Bear came out with a little booklet in the mid 50s titeled the same as this maybe this is a film they made with it nobody knows. Bear would rent these films out to clubs and schools to promote archery back in the day and many never got returned. Neil byce at Bear has not been able to find this specific one in the vault but he also said he hasn't had a chance at looking through all of them and that there are stacks of these. Instead of bothering him I decided to send it off to a John kabisa over by Detroit. John is a well know and respected collector and he knows a gentleman that can hopefully convert this film to DVD. We're both excited to see what is on it and as soon as I find out I'll let y'all know and hopefully gets some copys out to whoever wants one. As of right now it's a mystery but I can always dream right? Lol maybe it's rare footage maybe it's junk who knows. I'll let you guys know soon. I'm really excited about it either way.
Goodnight Chesty Wherever You Are.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: Mystery Bear Film Coming Soon

#2 Post by Captainkirk »

You can count me in if you get a DVD made
Aim small, miss small!

Graps

#3 Post by Graps »

Wow Nate , I'll guess that its a very neat film .
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Crazynate

#4 Post by Crazynate »

Thanks guys we are hoping so. John emailed me yesterday and the process is underway. It takes about 3 weeks and I'll have a master copy of it. Can't wait to hear what it is that's on there.

Shadowhntr

#5 Post by Shadowhntr »

I like discovering old stuff....I understand your excitement! Keeping fingers crossed for you!
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

eidsvolling

#6 Post by eidsvolling »

Can’t wait!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#7 Post by Carpdaddy »

Now you got the rest of us curious, look forward to a follow up.

Crazynate

#8 Post by Crazynate »

Just received my film back today from John Kabisa. The gentleman that converted the film did a fantastic job. The film itself ended up being a promotional film made by Bear Archery called fun with a bow and arrow. It starts off showing Fred shooting a compound bow then it goes into talking about archery and how fun it can be for the family. Talks about the compound bow and a few recurves butvthats about it. Nothing to spectacular but I guess ya never know what's on these until you have them converted. I'd date this probably late 70s.

Shadowhntr

#9 Post by Shadowhntr »

Nothing ventured nothing gained!
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#10 Post by Captainkirk »

Ahh, good ol' Fred. An ambassador for archery until the day he died.
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Collecting & History”