Just purchased a new collectos book/reference

History of Archery and collecting antique and collectible Traditional Archery supplies.
Forum rules
This forum is for discussing the history of archery. The collecting of antique and collectible traditional archery items. Not for selling items or trading. Not for selling items you manufactured unless you are a sponsor.
Jamesh76

Just purchased a new collectos book/reference

#1 Post by Jamesh76 »

Graps

Re: Just purchased a new collectos book/reference

#2 Post by Graps »

Ooooo , that looks like a neat book .
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Crazynate

#3 Post by Crazynate »

I have a copy of that book. I think he did a great job collecting all that information and we're all lucky to have so much info at the ready in one place. Like he says in the book nothing is 100% accurate. As long as you keep that in mind it can be a good reference to a certain point that's it. I still don't use coins and serial numbers to date bows except 65-69. I do use it for general information about a certain bow and that's about it. I know some collectors discard it in a way because they're own research and information doesn't match up with what's in the book. I wasn't around 40yeasrs ago to talk with Bear employees and do my own gathering of information so I like using it. I think it's a book all collectors should have. Just remember nothing is 100% accurate.
Goodnight Chesty Wherever You Are.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#4 Post by Captainkirk »

As was mentioned, the author acknowledges it's not 100% accurate...but then no two former Grayling employees could agree on anything either! With that in mind, it's about the best thing going out there for Bear collectors at the moment. Just being able to pinpoint my Bears to a year or two time frame has been worth the price for me.
Aim small, miss small!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#5 Post by Captainkirk »

James, did you get your book yet?
Aim small, miss small!

Jamesh76

#6 Post by Jamesh76 »

yes

Return to “Collecting & History”