Another challenge in kansas

Tell us your Traditional Bow Hunting experiences
Forum rules
Discuss all aspects of the hunt.
Hill billy

Re: Another challenge in kansas

#21 Post by Hill billy »

Captainkirk wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:31 pm I wouldn't turn that down! Looks like a very nice buck to me!
Thanks Kirk. I learned a slow lesson on shooter bucks. Take what the hunt gives you. Especially when shooting traditional equipment . Sometimes the term trophy hunting gets blown completely out of proportion. The hog molly of a life time may never show himself. Or we let him go based on someone elses standards

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#22 Post by Captainkirk »

Hill billy wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:19 pm Thanks Kirk. I learned a slow lesson on shooter bucks. Take what the hunt gives you. Especially when shooting traditional equipment . Sometimes the term trophy hunting gets blown completely out of proportion. The hog molly of a life time may never show himself. Or we let him go based on someone elses standards
For me, a 'successful' hunt doesn't even necessarily mean even seeing a deer. It's the experience of being out in the wild, bow in hand, and the possible opportunity for a shot that makes for a good hunt...all the better if shared with friends or family!
Aim small, miss small!

Grizzly

#23 Post by Grizzly »

Very nice and a great hunt. Them rascals do fight alot. I shot one similar to that who also had some breakage. But they sure look good coming in. Good thing you had help with you. He's a pretty good size deer.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Hill billy

#24 Post by Hill billy »

Grizzly wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:04 pm Very nice and a great hunt. Them rascals do fight alot. I shot one similar to that who also had some breakage. But they sure look good coming in. Good thing you had help with you. He's a pretty good size deer.
You are correct grizzly.Those bucks in that part of the country fight more then any I have seen. And there body size is really impressive. Its all 2 men can do to get one in a truck and you wont move one by yourself.

Greg Felty

#25 Post by Greg Felty »

Congrats. That's a great buck.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Grizzly

#26 Post by Grizzly »

Hill billy wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:55 am
Grizzly wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:04 pm Very nice and a great hunt. Them rascals do fight alot. I shot one similar to that who also had some breakage. But they sure look good coming in. Good thing you had help with you. He's a pretty good size deer.
You are correct grizzly.Those bucks in that part of the country fight more then any I have seen. And there body size is really impressive. Its all 2 men can do to get one in a truck and you wont move one by yourself.
I wore out 3 Astro Vans and had a large folding rack that slid into my 2" receiver made for my wife's scooter. It came in extremely handy for big deer like we find in Central Illinois and those in Kansas. Easier on the back with a lower lift height. There were times I needed 4 wheel drive to retrieve a deer so I'd borrow a truck from one of the brothers on the farm we stayed at. I'd take that rack with me. If need be, I could lower the ramp and use a ratcheting strap to slide him on with. But you are right, two men are better than one with the big boys.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#27 Post by Carpdaddy »

Great read, great hunt, and great Buck, thanks for sharing! Always enjoy the pictures also.

Nock

#28 Post by Nock »

Thanks for posting the story. Congrats on a great trip.
Happiness is a tight chain!

Hill billy

#29 Post by Hill billy »

Hope y'all enjoyed the read. My story telling skill is fading fast.

Return to “Bow Hunting experiences”