views from the perch!

Tell us your Traditional Bow Hunting experiences
Forum rules
Discuss all aspects of the hunt.
Jamesh76

Re: views from the perch!

#311 Post by Jamesh76 »

I am going to need to find a new picture host. I hear photo bucket don't work any more?

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#312 Post by Carpdaddy »

Invested a few hours today in removing mine from there and relocated. I'm just storing on Dropbox now, I can load them here from it. I'm also making a backup on an SD card in case I run into something like this again. The ugly part is that all those bow build alongs I did on here are without pictures now that they broke all the links.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#313 Post by Captainkirk »

Oh, PB works...if you pay the ransom. You should still be able to view your photos but not allowed to "share" them with a "third party" (us). I would see if you can find another host and start removing your photos from PB post-haste...then tell them to pound sand and close your account. Legal Blackmail is what this is.
Aim small, miss small!

Shadowhntr

#314 Post by Shadowhntr »

Carpdaddy wrote:I'm just storing on Dropbox now, I can load them here from it.

Can you explain how?
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#315 Post by Carpdaddy »

I am using an IPhone so what I do may not work for android or computers but...
When you say what you want in the first box you then click the "Full editor" button below beside the submit button. That brings up another box below this one. It has a button at the top of it that says "Choose file". Click it and you will be ask where you want the file or photo to come from. You options will depend upon what you have set up. I can click "Library" which pulls from my phones photo album, "ICloud drive", or "Dropbox". Click that and you are directed into that location where you can choose your desired picture. It immediately loads a tiny image beside the button you clicked. When you "submit" the photo will be in your post.
Attachments
Photo Nov 10, 9 22 03 AM.jpg
Photo Nov 10, 9 22 03 AM.jpg (94.56 KiB) Viewed 850 times

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#316 Post by Carpdaddy »

Also I'm thinking that if you delete the photo that you posted here from your phone or Dropbox that it will remain posted here. Any break in the link on PoopooBucket and your posted photo is gone. Even if you only moved or renamed a folder.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#317 Post by Captainkirk »

Some of my PB photos on other forums are in place, others show the 'clock of death'. I suspect the ones that remain are the ones I removed the backlinks to (as I've explained "how-to" in detail in other threads).
They are your images. IMO PB has no right holding them hostage.
Aim small, miss small!

Shadowhntr

#318 Post by Shadowhntr »

The right they have, is way back when we pushed the button that we agreed to their terms to join. In it, in so many words, they State they own the links to the images as you down load them. They thought it out pretty well.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#319 Post by Captainkirk »

Yes, most kidnappers have a pretty good plan to start with.
Aim small, miss small!

Jamesh76

#320 Post by Jamesh76 »

Return to “Bow Hunting experiences”