Views from the ground 2017

Tell us your Traditional Bow Hunting experiences
Forum rules
Discuss all aspects of the hunt.
Crazynate

Re: Views from the ground 2017

#11 Post by Crazynate »

Best opening day I've ever had. State land in MI is still good if your willing to walk far. My buddy missed one of the bucks. It was his first shot at a real deer with his recurve. He was in a tree 60 yards from me. He was really upset. I've killed deer on opening day and being its my bday it's always special but I think last nights huht was my favorite I've ever had.
Goodnight Chesty Wherever You Are.

Crazynate

#12 Post by Crazynate »

Sorry dang auto correct. First post above here meant to say take a SHOT when they're not broadside lol.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#13 Post by Carpdaddy »

:lol: :lol: :oops: I think you can go back and edit your post. I cracked up when I read it, couldn’t help it! :oops:

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#14 Post by Captainkirk »

I figured as much, but got a good laugh as well! Hey, send your buddy over here so we can tease him about missing (kidding!).
But seriously, send him over!
Aim small, miss small!

Graps

#15 Post by Graps »

Jamesh76 wrote:
graps wrote:That's why I'm using my 52" K-Mag

And that K-Mag appears to be a 76 which is my birth year. If you ever want to part with it let me know.
Actually its a 1973 .
Never will part with it , my dad got it for me when I earned my eagle scout .
Look up the thread on here ( The Ole K-Mag )
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Graps

#16 Post by Graps »

https://www.tradhunter.com/tradhunter/f ... ?f=6&t=996

Here you go , check this out and tell me if I will ever part with it .
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Shadowhntr

#17 Post by Shadowhntr »

Yup Nate, angling back is bad. Broadside or some angle forward is the ticket. Glad you understand the trials us archery hunters face. Deer can be very close, but that doesnt always mean we should try to take a shot. You exhibited excellent decision making. Congrats on a great hunt.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Graps

#18 Post by Graps »

Shadowhntr wrote:Graps, I see you are shooting (wood) footed shafts? Did you foot them or buy them? I hunted last year with cedars footed with purple heart. Did a great job on my doe. I got mine from "The Footed Shaft"

I have a Double Bull deluxe blind, and with positioning just right, I can shoot up to a 62" bow if I cant it up into the peak. Got to be very careful though. A 58" or even a 60" is better of course.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Those are Easton Legacy , they sure do look like real wood arrows footed no less .

Crazynate

#19 Post by Crazynate »

lol I was just teasing him today about missing. Told him we all do it eventually. Good hunting either way it does. It was. Ice to be out in the woods again.

Crazynate

#20 Post by Crazynate »

Thanks shadow hunter your right though even if they're 5yards it doesn't promise a good shot. I have killed probably 25 deer with a bow and only 1 of this was a frontal shot. I got lucky and found him but like I said I'll never do that again. I've lost 2 that I shot quartered at me. That's how we learn and grow as hunters I guess. It was a hard drive home second guessing myself but I know it wasn't a good clean shot. Hunting with recurves and longbows take it to a whole new level and appreciation for the sport and the hunt. Wouldn't have it any other way. If I had an xbow or compound I could've tagged out opening night lol. That's the crazy part.

Return to “Bow Hunting experiences”