New poll-Who Are You?

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.

Who are you?

Primarily trad hunter. Trad archery is just a tool I use
54%
Primarily trad archer/shooter/collector/enthusiast
34%
No opinion/undecided
No votes
Don't care/not interested
No votes
Other. (please elaborate!)
11%

Total votes: 35

Caddo

Re: New poll-Who Are You?

#31 Post by Caddo »

A hunter first, Trad Archery are just the tools I use to achieve it with. Love everything about it, bow's, strings, arrows, shooting, just everything. Been shooting a bow since I was 8 years old, I guess you could say that I have an addiction. Still working diligently to improve my shooting every day. I don't believe that I will ever be content until I can achieve the level of hitting everything I want to hit, the first shot! Needless to say, I've still got a long way to go. Still enjoy shooting a recurve now and again but longbows are my true passion. Shot a compound once, didn't care for it. Mostly just live to hunt!

LD

Archer68

#32 Post by Archer68 »

Well,my story.on the farm there wasn't no deer.just rabbits and pheasents.trapped rats and mink for high school money,and had a good black and tan coonhound.didn't bowhunt till 1974.except for uncle Sam's years,been bowhunting ever since.

Grizzly

#33 Post by Grizzly »

Who are you? I voted as "other".
I can finally say that first, I am one who is trying to stay alive in Christ and not get swept back into the world with His help.

As I relate to trad hunting and archery, who am I? I've often said that I like to shoot everything, including rubber bands off of my fingers, or even paper clips or women's hair clips off of rubber bands off my fingers. I grew up licking the rubber arrow suction cups so that they's stick to the walls in the house better. I remember getting some string from the house and making my own bows and arrows from branches. I remember at about 7 or 8 shooting my uncles small longbow around the yard. And, when left alone, shooting it straight up in the air and then running to the side of the house to get under the eves of the roof as it came down. I remember when Dad came home with two Fred Bear recurves in the mid 60's; one for us right handers and one for my one brother who shot left handed. I remember hunting with them and enjoying every aspect of shooting with them. I remember finding a fiberglass bow, arrows and round target and stand in the supply room in Viet Nam. They let me have it and I set it up in the beer and liquor store room and shot it everyday. I'd work up a good sweat and then go shower. I used to be able to hit bar coasters from the hip in those days. I even brought some arrows back from Tokyo when i went there on R&R. I never did hunt the rats around the compound though. Too hard and dangerous to retrieve the arrows. Instead, I used my folding stock carbine on the rats. I'd bull the bullets and dump some powder so they'd be a little more quiet and then wax over the powder and add whatever I could scrounge to shoot at rats. The best loads where from the shot gun shells I'd get from the gate guards or even my dog tag chains which worked the best. I came home in '69 and bought my first recurve and hunted off and on with it for years. I love to shoot anything and I love to hunt with all kinds of firearms and bows, but I guess my first love, aside from the Lord when I was calledoutofthewoods, are the traditional bows. That love has now spread to everyone in my household and I have enough bows hanging around to prove it. We also have others who have the Lord as their first love and some who I pray are close.

Grandpa scan 1.jpg
Grandpa scan 1.jpg (65.34 KiB) Viewed 722 times
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

slowbowjoe2

#34 Post by slowbowjoe2 »

Primarily an archer here. At 65, I've only had a tag for the last 3 seasons; still new to hunting, but appreciate deeply the vivid awareness when hunting. I love venison, but have yet to have a shot opportunity at a deer.
I shoot quite regularly though: I have a nice little range in the woods which is sort of my retreat, as well as practice area, and especially like roving and do so often... unlimited woods to roam starting right out my door.

Greg Felty

#35 Post by Greg Felty »

Welcome Joe. I haven't shot a deer in 8 years I just enjoy being out there.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Graps

#36 Post by Graps »

Welcome Joe.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

stumper

#37 Post by stumper »

slowbowjoe2 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 4:48 am Primarily an archer here. At 65, I've only had a tag for the last 3 seasons; still new to hunting, but appreciate deeply the vivid awareness when hunting. I love venison, but have yet to have a shot opportunity at a deer.
I shoot quite regularly though: I have a nice little range in the woods which is sort of my retreat, as well as practice area, and especially like roving and do so often... unlimited woods to roam starting right out my door.
Welcome Joe,
You sound like me, I'm five seasons in and yet to have a shot. Something just keeps me coming back. What kind of bow are you shooting?
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Elkman
Site Admin

#38 Post by Elkman »

Welcome Joe.

If you want, we have a new member check in forum. Please tell us a bit about yourself. What bow, arrows and quiver your using. If you have questions feel free to ask. We have many sub forums for various subjects. If you have questions we'll do our best to help.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#39 Post by Captainkirk »

Welcome aboard, Joe!
Aim small, miss small!

Nock

#40 Post by Nock »

Welcome sir.
Happiness is a tight chain!