Lets tell a story

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: Lets tell a story

#11 Post by Carpdaddy »

In his panic he woke up from his sleep, he was in a cold sweat, then realized that he had only been dreaming! Breathing a sigh of relief he thought to himself, I ain’t drinking no more “bud-dummers” before bedtime. After calming himself for a moment he decided he better wake Bill up and get the day started. He did that, they had a quick breakfast of Peanut Butter and Honey on bread, while he shared with Bill what a wild dream he had suffered. Before he could finish it all though a pain was hitting him bad in his stomach. The Bud-dummers were coming to the surface, he quickly scrambled through his pack for for some toilet paper, grabbed it and ran for the woods. He didn’t get very far when...

Graps

#12 Post by Graps »

He ran smack dab into the biggest buck he had ever seen. It was beaded down next to a fallen tree.
It was surprising that Chuck didn't get hurt or instantly take care of the task he was just headed out to take care of.
The buck jumped up and just stood there only about 5 feet away. As Chuck stood there in shock , an arrow slammed into the big buck just behind the front leg and passed out the other side.
The Big buck trotted off and slowly Chuck turned around and there was Bill. Bow in hand, still following threw with the shot.
It seemed that Bill was in shock, he just kept frozen in that position.
Chuck told him " I'll be with you in a minuet, I have a pressing matter to take care of.
Chuck went off to do his business and while he was gone.....
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Shadowhntr

#13 Post by Shadowhntr »

and relieving himself he thought..."what was Bill doing following me out to take a dump?" So he finished his buisness and headed back to find....
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Graps

#14 Post by Graps »

Bill starting to trail the deer. The buck only went about fifty yards and he was a Booner for sure.
They were booth in shock at the huge buck and started field dressing it.
They had to quarter it up to pack it out. How could this hunt get any better?
As they were getting to the truck another big buck stood up from the tall grass and Chuck was able it get an arrow nocked and on its way.
Perfect shot!
And the second buck dropped within site.
Well what an adventure for Bill and Chuck.
Thanks for helping to tell a story..........
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Return to “Campfire”