Any interest here in a Water Buffalo hunt in South Texas?

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Ron Kulas

Any interest here in a Water Buffalo hunt in South Texas?

#1 Post by Ron Kulas »

Myself and other Wisconsin guys are looking to add a bowhunter or two to an upcoming Water buffalo hunt in South Texas over the Easter Weekend. We have several hunters committed to this hunt (some are coming in from other states) but the more the merrier. I was alerted to a sweet deal (huge saving over regular price for this hunt) on Water buffalo cows weighing 2000 to 2500lbs. (Cows have horns too and this ranch wants to cull some cows off the ranch)

This is $1650 all inclusive, food 5 star lodge, guide on a 20,000 acre ranch with over 30 species to hunt (if you want to hunt something other that Water Buffalo). We are driving down from WI on Thurs March 29 and returning on Easter Sunday April 1. but if you are in another state and want to drive there yourself and hunt with our group during that weekend, pm me if interested.

Im leaving tomorrow for my Hawaiian Bull Bow hunt but I will be able to monitor my messages here so if you are serious, let me know and I can answer questions. I am not naming the name of the hunting operation at this time as I dont want them buried in phone calls from guys that are not serious. I will share the info via message. The ranch operator reached out to hunters directly asking them if they know of any hunters that want a deal and because of the high number of repeat customers they are not advertising it on their web page since they will get the response they need just from past clients.

I get nothing for this. I receive no compensation or commission. You will be dealing directly with the outfitter regarding payment when mentioning this hunt deal. We are only organizing a group hunt for that particular weekend at this ranch. Hunters are responsible for butchering (doing themselves at the ranches onsite facility or using a local butcher (at your expense) . I'm taking my personal butchering kit to disassemble anything I kill for transport back to WI.

The Joy is in the doing.

Longtrad

Re: Any interest here in a Water Buffalo hunt in South Texas

#2 Post by Longtrad »

Sounds like a hoot, I don't own a strong enough bow and I couldn't pull it back if I did. Did the outfitter give any recommendation on gear?

Ron Kulas

#3 Post by Ron Kulas »

Big and heavy.
The Joy is in the doing.

stumper

#4 Post by stumper »

what a deal... hope you have fun and wish i could go.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Shadowhntr

#5 Post by Shadowhntr »

All KINDS of interest, no mass in the pocket book.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Return to “Campfire”