Wanna wild bore hunt?

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Graps

Wanna wild bore hunt?

#1 Post by Graps »

"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

White Falcon

Re: Wanna wild bore hunt?

#2 Post by White Falcon »

Nice cutters!

Grizzly

#4 Post by Grizzly »

Well the last hunter might have been a bit too concerned with his fancy duds and beautiful double to have spent enough time shooting at things. Maybe before and if he ever goes again, he needs a little skeet shooting or practice with that double at a good cowboy shoot where it's bam, bam and you hit both your targets in a second or two, under his belt.

That was not a good time to freeze up. Lets hope he gives up his Africa plans. He looked like a guy who could maybe hit two quail in a covey rise. Things is the covey ain't coming straight at you aiming to poke your eyes out.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Grizzly

#5 Post by Grizzly »

With the shape my knees are in, if I was unlucky enough to run into one of the mean ones, I'd probably want my 20" slug barrel with slugs and 00 buck and no plug if allowed. I'm used to how it swings and shoots. Rolled a running turkey at 30+ yards without hesitating at all on a shot in the timber. Only one pellet grazed the breast and the rest did their work on the head and neck. You want your stock a bit short for this stuff. At 71 though, I think I'll let you younger guys have all the fun. Imagine one of those mean ones with a bow? You'd really prove your mettle then. From what I hear though, that is really the exception.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Graps

#6 Post by Graps »

That seems like too much fun too fast. :shock:
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

White Falcon

#7 Post by White Falcon »

Javelina hunt in S.TX. is a slow hunt. Might only stalk 30 to 100 yds.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#8 Post by Captainkirk »

#3 was just plain stupid. Who hunts boar with a scoped rifle? Wrong tool for the job, Bosco.

I noticed none of those fellers appeared to bring along a change of skivvies. Bad move.
Aim small, miss small!

White Falcon

#9 Post by White Falcon »

I have been hog and javelina hunting for over 45 yrs, never been charged. Had some bluff charges, that were only a few steps. SO FAR!

Graps

#10 Post by Graps »

I don't think I would want to do that.

Return to “Campfire”