The joke was on me!

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Captainkirk
Site Admin

The joke was on me!

#1 Post by Captainkirk »

Well, I'm back from my north woods jaunt. I brought my usual Griz and stumping arrows...or so I thought. 8-)
I was in a hurry packing. I was contemplating taking the K-Mag along but since the Griz is the only bow setup for the bow quiver, I grabbed the bow sock where I keep the Griz and put it in the pile with the guns and fishing gear.
It wasn't until we were unpacked in the cabin that I decided to do a bit of shooting off the porch and untied the bow sock.
Surprise... :shock:
Now when did I put the Kodiak Hunter in the bow sock? Oh yeah...last fall. D'oh! :oops:
Now, you all might remember the KH has not been my favorite bow. In fact, it's probably been my LEAST favorite. Well, when you get lemons... :roll:

But wait...there's more!

First three shots out of the KH at 20+ yards WENT IN THE SAME HOLE. I got a pic to prove it, soon as I get around to uploading. I kid you not! Ok, maybe this thing ain't so bad after all?
It was noisy as hell, but a quick check of the brace height showed less than 8" so I twisted up about a dozen turns and suddenly it quieted right down! And continued to sock 'em right where I wanted 'em.
A stumping walk followed, and it was truly enjoyable. Me and that old KH made friends and we're gonna stay friends.
Sometimes a mistake can turn out to be a blessing! :D
Aim small, miss small!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: The joke was on me!

#2 Post by Captainkirk »

Trying to get used to the new phone I got yesterday.
Let's try this:

OK, yup. That works.
Aim small, miss small!

Graps

#3 Post by Graps »

I'm glad you finally came over to the pink side. :twisted:
May the 4th be wit chew.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#4 Post by Captainkirk »

I'm tellin' you what...an hour of stumping (each time) and never lost an arrow.
I'm sold on pink for deep woods.
So they look a little fruity...nobody out there to see ya anyway.
Aim small, miss small!

Graps

#5 Post by Graps »

That reminds me.
A few years ago I was hunting with a guy on his property.
We were about 200 yards apart across a large field from each other.
I was wearing my Ghillie and on a platform in a huge tree about 10 feet off the ground.
When we got back to the truck he told me I was totally invisible in that tree but he could still see my pink posies. :lol:
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Grizzly

#6 Post by Grizzly »

Grizzlies are GRRREAT!! But even though I've never shot a Kodiak Hunter, it looks like you found a new friend.

You just needed some quality time alone with her and your pinkies :lol:
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#7 Post by Captainkirk »

All my vintage Bears are great! The Grizzly included!
Something about this KH before that I never bonded with it. That's all water under the bridge now. We's BFF's now :D
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Campfire”