Ugh...

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Captainkirk
Site Admin

Ugh...

#1 Post by Captainkirk »

There's a tinge of orange on the eastern horizon now, one that was glaringly missing when I left the house at 3:00 am... :shock:

These early morning flight launches are really hard on the old system; got another one tomorrow. And of course I have to stick around for the flight return, which is generally 10-12 hours later. And of course, I have to work on the other aircraft in between.
It totally throws circadian rhythm and sleep patterns out the window and I generally suffer from what I'll call 'jet lag' for several days after until things return to normal. Man wasn't made for this kind of disorder, methinks.
I guess sometimes we need to vent, is all.
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: Ugh...

#2 Post by Carpdaddy »

We knew something was wrong with you, we will blame this for now. :lol: :lol: :oops:

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#3 Post by Captainkirk »

:lol:
Well, it goes with the territory, Tony.
But, the early mornings/late returns have really increased in frequency the last couple years. Used to be a once or twice a month thing. Now seems like one or more a week.
So, even when I do get time off, I don't feel up to par. Sometimes have zero energy and enthusiasm.
Well, what can ya do besides suck it up and play ball?
Aim small, miss small!

stumper

#4 Post by stumper »

I switch days to nights every two weeks. I also just spent the entire last weekend on call. I empathize with you.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Hill billy

#5 Post by Hill billy »

I worked on commercial fishing boats my first years out of high school in alaska. The hours were ferocious at times. No way i could work your hours now. But im glad someone can. Hang in there!!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#6 Post by Captainkirk »

Ended up being a 17 hour day door-to-door. Looks like today will be at least 12 hours also.
It was a lot easier when I was a youngster...
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Campfire”