Safety harness

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
EWill

Re: Safety harness

#11 Post by EWill »

Hill Billy,
she is a good wife

Grizzly

#12 Post by Grizzly »

I love sleeping in trees. So, obviously, I always cinched mine above my head and gave myself just the right amount of leaning forward room.

Setting those ladder stands alone was always a little precarious. Especially when I'd be up top and had to swing a ratchet strap around a large tree and catch it. I'm glad my luck never ran out. I did always try to set a strap about half way up first. And I loved leaning them in a fork or on a limb. I always tried to pick a spot with multiple trunks for my own comfort and security and for the added cover it gave. At my age, I doubt I'll ever be up in another one again. But, I'd like to.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Hill billy

#13 Post by Hill billy »

I came very close to a disaster a few years back with a ladder stand trying to take it down alone. Such as kirk had stated earlier in the post. They can add a false sense of security. I wont be putting one up or taking it down again without help.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#14 Post by Captainkirk »

Ladder stands are also unbelievably heavy and cumbersome compared to a regular tree stand. I've walked half a mile before carrying my Loc-On and climbing sticks with my rifle slung over my back, and done it in one trip. You're not doing that without help or an ATV with a ladder.
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Campfire”