The unstrung bow.

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Elkman
Site Admin

Re: The unstrung bow.

#41 Post by Elkman »

Great news Tony!
Sounds like the unstrung bow will be strung again before you know it.

👍👍👍
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Grizzly

#42 Post by Grizzly »

The other night Graps put a poem about an unstrung bow on here. Captainkirk loved it and commented and then I did also. Unfortunately all three posts disappeared into that computer void that can't always be explained. His poem stimulated me to write one. I sure hope he posts his again.

His bow is unstrung yet his heart feels a need.
He longs for the day when his strength will return,
that he might string his bow and ready his gear,
with a hope in his heart for a deer to appear.

Yet deep in his heart lies another desire;
One that our Lord placed there a long time ago.
To care for His sheep with a love from above.
To preach from the Word as it flows from his heart.

Two loves in this life, kept balanced and true;
They both can be lived, they both can be pure.
With Christ in his heart and peace in his soul,
our brother can preach and hunt with the bow.

May God heal the body and nourish his soul,
so that whether he hunts or dreams from his chair,
the peace in his heart, the fruit of the vine,
Will flourish and grow till His Lord call him home.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Greg Felty

#43 Post by Greg Felty »

That was awesome Craig.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#44 Post by Carpdaddy »

Very good Grizzly; thanks for sharing.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#45 Post by Captainkirk »

That is excellent, Craig!
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#46 Post by Carpdaddy »

Wow: is it really 2020? Never thought I would get to hang around this long, I expected to see the flying cars like I watched on the Jetsons cartoon if we reached 2020, oh well, blessed to still be around. I was in a good Church service last night bringing in the New Year like I have been for many years now. I am thankful also to have been able to preach again these last two Sundays, not both morning and evening but one of them.
I go back to radiation dr Thursday to see where we are, right now I’m thankful to be more active again! I may string a bow soon! Well actually I did but it was the grandsons new bow I got him for Christmas.

Grizzly

#47 Post by Grizzly »

Thankful and blessed. It seems like those two words go hand in hand along with sharing. So glad to hear that you have been able to preach again on Sundays. I can't pull any of my old bows, but I'm glad I bought lighter ones for the wife and kids years ago. I enjoy shooting them now from time to time. Maybe you have a 25# or 30# bow around to warm up with?

I'm sort of glad we're not doing the Jetson's thing just yet. I've got all I can do to keep track of what's on the ground driving without watching out for trees and wires and geese :o
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Hill billy

#48 Post by Hill billy »

:D Tony I have a feeling 2020 is going to be a better year for you.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#49 Post by Carpdaddy »

Yep, me too Hill billy, when you get to the bottom ain’t no way to go but up! Physically that is, I am certainly blessed!
Even got a few strung back up, one is my grandsons Christmas present, the Sage. I drew my bow a few times just to see if anything hurt, no problems.
Attachments
95041A4C-E19E-484E-8E84-E7E97AB109B5.jpeg
95041A4C-E19E-484E-8E84-E7E97AB109B5.jpeg (100.41 KiB) Viewed 394 times

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#50 Post by Captainkirk »

Good news, Tony!
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Campfire”