How you doin?

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Tradman

How you doin?

#1 Post by Tradman »

Hows everybody doing? Just wanted to say howdy and let you all know I was still kicking..Had a good hunt this year though we got skunked we still had a lot of fun which is what its all about for me.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHAT'S RIGHT AND IT'S NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHAT'S WRONG....LOU HOLTZ

Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: How you doin?

#2 Post by Captainkirk »

God to hear from you, Triple L. I'm a member of the skunk club as well this year. But you're right...fun is what it's all about. You have pictures from this year's hunt?
Aim small, miss small!

Grizzly

#3 Post by Grizzly »

Glad to hear you got out and hunted again. Due to circumstances in my life, the only deer I've seen this year were in and around the park my wife asks me to drive through when she manages to get out of the house for a Dr. appointment.

Yes, photos would be great to see.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

stumper

#4 Post by stumper »

Been busy but the weather is beautiful and am hoping to get out for a monday evening hunt. Glad to hear from you and glad you got out there sir!
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Longbowfanatic

#5 Post by Longbowfanatic »

Glad you're doing well. I am doing fine as well. I'm excited to be hunting this weekend. We had an issue with our lease that didn't get resolved until Oct.15, then other pressing matters has prohibited my hunting. I have tree stands up now and I am ready to go!

Tradman

#6 Post by Tradman »

For some odd reason capt I still cannot post pics.Too large it says but I have it trimmed down to 480 x 360 I do believe.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHAT'S RIGHT AND IT'S NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHAT'S WRONG....LOU HOLTZ

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#7 Post by Captainkirk »

What browser are you using, Larry?
Aim small, miss small!

Elkman
Site Admin

#8 Post by Elkman »

Tradman wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:41 am For some odd reason capt I still cannot post pics.Too large it says but I have it trimmed down to 480 x 360 I do believe.
Larry it's not talking about the image size (physical size), it's talking file size in Megabytes. Your image has to be compressed from say 4.5MB to something less than 350KB.

When you look at images there are 2 different sizes that are referred to. One is the resolution in pixels (480px x 360px image size) and the other is the actual file size, as in the amount of space it takes up on your hard drive or the download size. It is measured in kilobytes, megabytes, gigabytes, etc.

This forum is setup as follows:

The max image size in pixels per post is set to 864px wide and 864px high.

The max image size in pixels for a attachment or a link to a image is 854px wide and 854px high.
Again the above are referring to the resolution in pixels.

Max thumbnail size 854px

The max file is set to 350kb.

The server has software on it that will take your pic and reduce the image size and file size. So if your attachment is 1280x720 and less than 350KB the imagemagic software will do the rest.

When you change the image size from 3266 by 2450 pixels in size to something smaller it is possible to still be larger than 350KB. It is possible to show a picture that is less than 350KB on a 24 inch screen with good quality. The image just needs to be compressed. The file size reduced.
Your camera my be set to take images at 3266 x 2450 about 8MP (Megapixeles). That is a very large image when put on a screen. A nice 28" monitor could be Ultra HD 3840x2160 4K Resolution.
We don't need that kind of size or quality on a simple web page.

There are many programs and apps that can do the sizing, many are free. The one I use on my phone is called Snapseed. It is now a Google app and is free. There are others as well. On the computer I use Paint.net or Gimp. They are both free also.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Tradman

#9 Post by Tradman »

I will look into it tom thanks..I still have photobucket if that's any good anymore

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#10 Post by Captainkirk »

Tradman wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:21 am I will look into it tom thanks..I still have photobucket if that's any good anymore
You need to ditch PB like an old girlfriend. Just sayin'...
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Campfire”