Anybody been shooting?

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Captainkirk
Site Admin

Anybody been shooting?

#1 Post by Captainkirk »

Anybody been out shooting since the summer is here? Any stumping/target shooting, woods walk, etc? Planning on going up north in a few weeks, hope to get some stumping in then!
Aim small, miss small!

Elkman
Site Admin

Re: Anybody been shooting?

#2 Post by Elkman »

Not yet, I aggravated my shoulder manhandling our Dinosaur of a rototiller. It has been a few weeks now. I am going to give it another week and see how it goes.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#3 Post by Carpdaddy »

It’s been almost an hour since I shot an arrow! Actually shot twice today, a quiver full before Church, and two quiver full after. I did miss a few days but so try to shoot some every day. :mrgreen:

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#4 Post by Captainkirk »

Actually...I've been shooting quite a bit lately. Several nights a week. I did get some stumping in up north in early June, and that re-kindled the fire. Last night I dragged out the HC-300 Tamerlane and popped off maybe 75 arrows...I'd forgotten what a sweetheart that bow is! My instinctive has definitely suffered a whole lot since the layoff, and the T-Lane is getting me back in the groove at a lighter draw weight than my standard 45# DW bows. I'm definitely feeling it in my back, neck and shoulder, but it feels good in an odd kind of way. :?
I've mostly been shooting the Kodiak Mag, though I did have a session with the Kodiak Hunter that went pretty well, other than the fact it needs string silencers in a strong way. The K-Mag is quiet as a church mouse with the otter fur silencers.
Aim small, miss small!

Greg Felty

#5 Post by Greg Felty »

I haven't shot since our winter league ended in April. I have been to busy but i need to get started.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#6 Post by Carpdaddy »

I try to attend a monthly 3D shoot here in Ky, this puts pressure on me to practice regularly, if not it can get embarrassing on the range! Many of them still whoop up on me but it challenges me to continue to improve.

Jamesh76

#7 Post by Jamesh76 »

I have tried shooting a trad bow. I just have issues after my elbow surgery. Straight arm, hand shock, pulling motion etc. I can shoot a few shots but no where near what I want. This year, I am afraid I will have to resort to a different bow method to get out in the woods and have a chance to be successful. Hopefully, that will help me get back in line with a trad bow.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#8 Post by Carpdaddy »

Hate that for you James, but you gotta do what you can, just get out there and enjoy! I would go if doing nothing but taking pictures! Lol Actually my wife and hunting buddy says I do more of that than anything. It is hard to even say the words of that other type of bow, I love stickbow hunting too well, but I use one if it was my only way to hunt!

dhaverstick

#9 Post by dhaverstick »

I've been alternating between shooting my longbow at clay birds and shooting my flintlocks at squirrels. I need to start working on this season's arrows!

Darren

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#10 Post by Captainkirk »

dhaverstick wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:56 am I need to start working on this season's arrows!
You and me both!
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Campfire”