perfect shot

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Graps

perfect shot

#1 Post by Graps »

I was out Sunday and about an hour before dark I saw four deer coming my way . As I watched there was one big doe and a smaller one . three fawns close behind
. The big doe was in the lead . Gradually they came closer . Every time they would put there heads down I would move to get my longbow in position . They were about 25yards out and I felt confident about the shot at the big doe so I started to draw and out of the corner of my eye I saw a nice buck about 15 yards and walking while looking at the girls . he was behind some brush so I held fast as I slowly turned to him . he took a couple more steps ,was looking away and was slightly quartering away . What more could you ask for . I saw the hair on his shoulder , I could see individual hairs , this was perfect . I drew back had a clean release and WHAM ! The top limb nearly took my head off . It had hit the wall of my blind and the arrow went over his back by about 6 inches . All the deer exploded and were out of sight in a few seconds . And then I went home .
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

bronco2

Re: perfect shot

#2 Post by bronco2 »

dang..sounds like my luck i have some times..sorry you missed out. maybe next time sir..

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#3 Post by Captainkirk »

.....and THAT, my friends, is hunting.
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#4 Post by Carpdaddy »

Ouch! I feel your pain; did the same thing on a Turkey once.

Graps

#5 Post by Graps »

TTT
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Return to “Campfire”