Stuff I learned about hunting while hunting

Share your deer hunting knowledge, give tips on how to hunt deer. Ask any questions you may have about deer hunting.
Forum rules
Please stick to deer hunting tips and tactics in this forum.
Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Stuff I learned about hunting while hunting

#1 Post by Carpdaddy »

* Deer never come from the expected direction.

* The sound of letting your bow down to the ground is the greatest Deer call ever.

* Deer will always approach from your far right If Right handed.

* If you are frozen with bow in hand while your intended target approaches, and you know you cannot move or you will be spotted, smart skeeters have been watching and waiting for this! You will encounter at least three bites during your frozen state! One on the bow hand, one on the back of the neck, one in the temple, and if it last long a forth usually on the forehead!

:ugeek: What have you learned! :idea:

Graps

Re: Stuff I learned about hunting while hunting

#2 Post by Graps »

:lol: :lol:
Absolutely , almost guaranteed .
Also if you set your bow down to answer the call of nature , a big buck will offer the perfect shot and you stand there preoccupied . :oops: :lol:
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Shadowhntr

#3 Post by Shadowhntr »

It's true...as soon as you let your guard down...BAM...there they are.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#4 Post by Captainkirk »

*If you get into a Mexican standoff at eyeball level with a deer...I don't care how fast you think you are, the deer is at least 5X faster.
*When the arrow arrives where the deer once stood, the deer will be nowhere near that spot.
Aim small, miss small!

Jose

#5 Post by Jose »

You can use the stand for a SW wind but when that deer steps out SW of you the wind will surely change to the NE

Shadowhntr

#6 Post by Shadowhntr »

It's not bad enough that a doe that bust you has to snort and tell on you.... but then she'll tell on you, and tell on you, and tell on you, and tell on you, and tell on you, and tell on you... :roll:
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Graps

#7 Post by Graps »

Yep , that has happened to me a bunch
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Crazynate

#8 Post by Crazynate »

Lol all true stuff. The second I get relaxed and loose concentration especially in the ground I buck will walk in and see me before I see him. Or a big doe does the same thing
Goodnight Chesty Wherever You Are.

Mohawk

#9 Post by Mohawk »

Shadowhntr wrote:It's not bad enough that a doe that bust you has to snort and tell on you.... but then she'll tell on you, and tell on you, and tell on you, and tell on you, and tell on you, and tell on you... :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Deer seem to know, and appear right behind that branch you forgot to trim, which inevitably reaches clear through the entire shooting lane.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#10 Post by Carpdaddy »

This is educational stuff; and accurate too!
** If a Deer is about to walk into your shooting lane and you go ahead and draw as it is passing behind a tree, it will stop with its vitals behind the tree as you stand at full draw! That’s a given.

Return to “Deer hunting tips and tactics”