RMS Cutthroat customer service

Forum rules
Be fair.
Shadowhntr

RMS Cutthroat customer service

#1 Post by Shadowhntr »

....is A1 in every sense of the meaning. A while back I was shooting my broadheads at my Rinehart buck, and pulled one way forward. I'm not happy with Rineheart needless to say, as I hit something that seemed to be metal. When I finally got the arrow out I had knocked a sizable chunk out of the edge of my Cutthroat broadhead. I was really bummed...but I remembered their lifetime warranty. It stated it was a no questions asked policy...but I've heard that sort before and there always seems to be fine print. So today I contacted them to get the verdict. This is what the man sent...

Hey Jason,

I have a no questions asked warranty policy. Just send that broadhead back to me with a note that you need a replacement. That's it.

Please send it to my archery store:

RMSGear
4298 Kipling St, Unit B
Wheat Ridge CO 80033

Thanks, Jason! Good luck this season!!

What a deal! I love these heads anyway...but now all the more. I knew it was the right thing for an accident prone geek like me! Thanks RMS!
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: RMS Cutthroat customer service

#2 Post by Captainkirk »

Wow! Good to know. I've hit something metal in my 3D target once in a while too...I think there are metal tubes in the legs. And yes, of course I was aiming for the leg. I just wanted to practice wounding a deer. :oops:
Aim small, miss small!

Graps

#3 Post by Graps »

Like a breath of fresh air to deal with someone like that . :D
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Longtrad

#4 Post by Longtrad »

Good to hear no questions asked really means no questions asked. I have one I lost in a field for a year and it took a good bit of rust damage before I found it. I've been using it for my practice broadhead but i might try and get it replaced too after hearing this.

Shadowhntr

#5 Post by Shadowhntr »

After much thought on the subject, I think losing them is the biggest fear because most normally not much happens to a well built broadhead.... outside of occational freak accidents. I'd bet they will give you a new one.

Graps

#6 Post by Graps »

You mentioned loosing one .
I was at the Kalamazoo trad archery show a couple of years ago , and was talking with the couple that owns ACE broadheads .
I mentioned that it's sad when I loose an arrow with one of there Hex Blunts .
The lady spoke up and told me that there heads are guaranteed against loss .
I said " Really ? "
And she said " Yes , if you loose one , just send it to us and we will replace it . "
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Crazynate

#7 Post by Crazynate »

Lol graps that's funny. I like that couple too they are real nice people. That's also good to know about the cuttthroats. I love company's like that. I bought a rinehart bad target and the handle broke the first time I used it. They sent me a new cover and a week later that one broke. I asked if I could get a deal on a block target from them and they said no. Well send you one in the mail no questions asked. Week later I had a brand new rinehart 18-1 target. I was impressed.
Goodnight Chesty Wherever You Are.

Longtrad

#8 Post by Longtrad »

Wow that's nice. How do you like the 18/1 I've had my eye on them

Shadowhntr

#9 Post by Shadowhntr »

Yes....how is the 18-1?

My prob with Rinehart is as follows. I payed the better portion of $200 for their famed Broadhead buck 3d target. I got it because the thing in its entirety is the self healing foam unlike their ither competitive priced models....it had a lot of good reviews stating it takes several years of abuse before giving out. So, I got it. I shot it under 3 months before wood arrows from a 45lb longbow were sailing through the replaceable core, which had ONLY seen field tips....I was not happy when I found out the core was $50. At the same rate of shooting...id need a replacement every quarter of a year with the last quarter being extended by a month or so from less shooting from season and winter. In a nut shell...id need 3-4 replacement cores a year to keep it in shape...at least until the body gives way. It don't take a genius to do the math. So...I spent another $90 bucks on compressed straw bales to form a solid butt target with one bale in front to shoot that I also protect with shrink wrap and tarps from weather. Im working on 2 years with it and am still on the original bales. I decided to keep the Rinehart 3d to shoot broadheads in, and to practice out of treestands with once season got close. I'm due for another core... :roll:

Now...not to mention...I had hit a chunk of metal in the chest area above the legs...which started this thread! Lol! So....not too happy with Rinehart right now!

cap4382

#10 Post by cap4382 »

I got some cutthroats last year. Might have to change back to them after reading this thread. Mine were pretty easy to get stupid sharp and seemed super tough. Good to know about RMS, seems like a great shop to deal with

Return to “Product Review”