While the hunter is away, the mice will play

Forum rules
Be fair.
Grizzly

While the hunter is away, the mice will play

#1 Post by Grizzly »

http://www.kness.com/store/pc/Snap-E-Mousetrap-3p4.htm

This must be the perfect mouse trap. The photo shows it in the unset position. When set, the yellow bar that comes down on the mouse is in the raised position. The yellow on that bar is handy visual as you go around and check the traps. I have gathered up all the wooden traps and will probably throw them away soon. If you are tired of the mice stealing the cheese or the peanut butter from your traps, get some on these. They cost more, but they work. There is an imitation that has spikes on the impaling bar, but it doesn't work nearly as well. The mice have taken the bait from that one, just like the wooden traps. I remember in the old days, a Victor trap was so sensitive, you could barely set it down without it going off. I guess it has gone the way of a nice revolver trigger.

The secret to these is that the mouse must lean on the trigger which is suspended over the bait cup to get to the bait. I like to push that flat plastic trigger lever down a little as I set it. That takes up even more of the slack in the trigger. Then eventually you should hear a snap.

I've found them at our local Farm and Home Supply Store.

snap-e-mousetrap-1_514_detail.jpg
snap-e-mousetrap-1_514_detail.jpg (35.86 KiB) Viewed 535 times
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: While the hunter is away, the mice will play

#2 Post by Captainkirk »

So, how much are they? The Victors are running 2 for $1.99 at the local Ace.
I keep at least a half dozen cocked & locked in my garage year-round. Tired of those pint-sized weasels peeing in my project car or trying to build a nest in my motorcycles.
Aim small, miss small!

Grizzly

#3 Post by Grizzly »

2 for $4.99 or about $2.69 each.

Just before I discovered these I was getting ready to file down the contact area of the trip rod on the wooden traps to see if they could be made more sensitive and quicker to snap shut.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Grizzly

#4 Post by Grizzly »

oh oh! Mice around cars is not good. I've had splice many a wiring harness after cleaning up the insulation they love to make nests from. Someone once explained to me why the wiring insulation tastes so good to them. Can't remember what it was.

Return to “Product Review”