White Feather Lark wood ILF riser

Forum rules
Be fair.
dougedwards

Re: White Feather Lark wood ILF riser

#11 Post by dougedwards »

Another review of this same riser with better pictures on another site. I honestly didn't realize that the riser can be purchased in 21" and 23".

https://www.traditionalarcherysociety.c ... k-10045129

Doug
"Therefore, having put away falsehood, let each one of you speak the truth with his neighbor, for we are members one of another."
Ephesians 4:25

Grizzly

#12 Post by Grizzly »

My Hoyt Spectra/Rambo riser was 21" plus it had lead weight added to the lower limb pocket. That thing was one stable shooter, but heavy. I actually prefer my lighter 20" and would probably choose the 19" over the 21" or 23" myself. Although, many prefer the 21" risers. Those who compete might go for the 23". For hunting, the 19" would be the handiest. I once tried a 25" Hoyt Olympic riser. That thing was both heavy, long and load. Then being a power blue, you didn't get many howdies from the traditional folks. Yet it was the very riser that Limbwalker, the long bow shooter who made the Olympics used starting out.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#13 Post by Captainkirk »

Speaking of "Oly style bows", two of my all-time faves are my Bear Tamerlanes (a '64 Tamerlane and a '69 HC 300 Tamerlane) which while not being takedowns or even Warfs, are quite heavy and long (69") but that heaviness is not such a bad thing! They have stability in spades and are smooth as silk to draw.
Aim small, miss small!

stumper

#14 Post by stumper »

I still hunt out of a tree stand with a 66 inch longbow.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Grizzly

#15 Post by Grizzly »

I've tried it and found that I might have to trim branches a little differently if I go long like that.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

stumper

#16 Post by stumper »

I usually have to clip a few. But that camo bow of mine is worth the extra length.

Grizzly

#17 Post by Grizzly »

I shot my best 3d score ever with my daughter's Root Range Master which is a bit heavy with a large riser, but not anywhere as beautifully exquisite as some of the target bows that have been produced. I once always wanted a Tamerlane or maybe a Hoyt Pro Medalist.

Grizzly

#18 Post by Grizzly »

stumper wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:24 am I usually have to clip a few. But that camo bore of mine is worth the extra length.
There's alot to be said for how we learn to love and shoot one bow very well. I used to switch around alot, but always knew there were a few that seemed to let the magic come out.

stumper

#19 Post by stumper »

Grizzly wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:29 am
stumper wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:24 am I usually have to clip a few. But that camo bore of mine is worth the extra length.
There's alot to be said for how we learn to love and shoot one bow very well. I used to switch around alot, but always knew there were a few that seemed to let the magic come out.
Indeed I did the first shots after refinishing it this morning and we're grouping arrows that were touching consistently. It definitely has the magic.

dougedwards

#20 Post by dougedwards »

stumper wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:14 am I still hunt out of a tree stand with a 66 inch longbow.
No problem with straight down shots?

Doug
"Therefore, having put away falsehood, let each one of you speak the truth with his neighbor, for we are members one of another."
Ephesians 4:25

Return to “Product Review”