Another truck bed storage solution

For all the things we make ourselves for the outdoor world that are not covered in the other specific DIY area.
Ron Kulas

Another truck bed storage solution

#1 Post by Ron Kulas »

We wanted a shallow "soft side" sort of box storage area behind the cab window. The plan is to make it about 8 inches deep so items can still be stored in the 8 foot bed of the truck beneath this storage area. When its not needed, it has to be easily removable. The first step was to design and print some saddles on the 3D printer.

Then mount them to the inside of the truck bed.

Then add a couple sections of 3/4" EMT conduit.

Then sew a rectangular bag with 4 sides out of PU coated 600 Denier cordura.

And a few brass grommets to act as drains should water get in.

Then 4 Grommets in the corners for the bungies that came with trail cams we bought (but we dont use the bungies). We shortened the length of the bungies to a length that worked for us. This keeps everything snug and tight.

plenty of room below.

Some flexible closed cell foam to cushion the ride and we are good to go. No need for a lid since the new DIY tonneau cover sits right above this new storage area.

Now we just need to make an extendable handle with a hook to act as a reaching pole to pull stuff from the front of the bed to the tailgate of this 8 foot bed truck.
The Joy is in the doing.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: Another truck bed storage solution

#2 Post by Carpdaddy »

I like it all except that funny looking bow! :lol: Good idea execution.

Ron Kulas

#3 Post by Ron Kulas »

My looooooooooooooong bows are to looooooooooooooong to fit. I own and shoot all kinds of bows.
The Joy is in the doing.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#4 Post by Carpdaddy »

Lol; I can't resist a cheap shot.

Ron Kulas

#5 Post by Ron Kulas »

No worries. This will most likely be used to haul my wife's crutches. She is too short to reach over the sides of the truck to grab the crutches and they dont travel well in the cab.
The Joy is in the doing.

Return to “DIY section”