Hiya folks.

Arcuites

Re: Hiya folks.

#11 Post by Arcuites »

Welcome Feanor! I'm barely a week into joining, and already feel like I have lifelong friends here. Amazingly Supportive, Like Minded, Very Knowledgeable Folks abound. Look forward to seeing you around !

Feanor

#12 Post by Feanor »

Elkman, no sir, you do not. But you're far off from a police frenzy over a pointy bit of steel yet.
Cool, I'll let you know when I try it or you me. Maybe get a build along type thing going.

Arcuites, yeah, the warm welcomes kind off sets that tone, doesn't it? :)

Graps

#13 Post by Graps »

Hope you are feeling at home here.
We would love to see some pictures of things you have made and maybe even some pictures of the countryside where you live.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#14 Post by Captainkirk »

Welcome aboard! Sorry to hear of your troubles. They re moving that way here in the US ultimately, I'm afraid. I'm already experiencing it here in suburbia.
Aim small, miss small!

jd-xlt

#15 Post by jd-xlt »

Welcome John
I got into trad archery about five years ago. Since then throwing hawks too, and yes I built an atlatl after watching you tube instruction videos. I must need more point weight because the thing flies point up, fletching down. My heaviest field point 250g. Any advice on adding more weight up front?
"Though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed day by day,"

Feanor

#16 Post by Feanor »

Captainkirk, yep, governments grab for more power over the people and they get more and more until the tree of liberty needs watering again. But tyrants and patriots is a bit rose tinted, especially now with the power of it's weapons. Sure tyrants and patriots but women and children too.
My my, aren't I cheerfull.. :oops:

Graps, I'll gladly show you some of the stuff asap.

Jd, half a pound field tip? That's a monster!
Don't know enough about atlatl yet but first two thoughts that struck me were throwing technique or too stiff a dart maybe?
Maybe someone on paleoplanet can help?
But if you want to try adding weight first, a bit of steel pipe over the shaft should serve.

jd-xlt

#17 Post by jd-xlt »

John
My bad. my heaviest field tip is 250gr (grains not g, grams) that little r makes a big difference 250gr is about .6 ounces. I think half a pound up front would sink like a rock. If I could throw it. :)
"Though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed day by day,"

Graps

#18 Post by Graps »

jd-xlt wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:39 pm John
My bad. my heaviest field tip is 250gr (grains not g, grams) that little r makes a big difference 250gr is about .6 ounces. I think half a pound up front would sink like a rock. If I could throw it. :)
Sometimes a typo can change the meaning tremendously.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Feanor

#19 Post by Feanor »

I thought something was up, a quarter kg tip and you still want more weight up front? But I thought it was a conversion error and you added a zero. ☺

Return to “New Member Check In”