New old recurve hunter

elkslayer4x5

Re: New old recurve hunter

#21 Post by elkslayer4x5 »

Don't have any photos of it and me at full draw. It draws pretty smooth, but not the quickest bow on the rack. Does well with carbon, but I prefer cedar.
When I cropped that photo of the three bow, I thought the upper 1/4 hooked almost as much as the Hi-Speed. So until someone can tell me other wise, I'll think they are, making the bow post 1968.

Elkman
Site Admin

#22 Post by Elkman »

Hey Don (elkslayer4x5),

Welcome to Tradhunter from the beautiful Bitterroot Valley here in western Montana.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

elkslayer4x5

#23 Post by elkslayer4x5 »

Hi Tom :) Do we know each other from another forum? I was going to use a newer username, but will always use my avatar! I had to try to log in with the ole 4x5 moniker, then registered. Didn't used to shoot compounds, did you, Martin's maybe?
Or did you find out my first name same I found yours? :D

Elkman
Site Admin

#24 Post by Elkman »

Looked at your profile. This is the only site I am a member of. I have never posted on any other archery or bow hunting forum.

Again welcome to Tradhunter!
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

elkslayer4x5

#25 Post by elkslayer4x5 »

Pretty much as I thought, that's how I found your name as well. Thanks for the welcome. :)

elkslayer4x5

#26 Post by elkslayer4x5 »

elkslayer4x5 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:27 pm Here's what I hunt Elk with..... a member there offers me a string for the Hi-Speed, off his own Hi-speed, his serial # was close to 600 before mine, forgot the exact number in the excitement!
Just found the post over on stickbow leatherwall , the https://www.bowsite.com/bowsite/home1/ traditional site. His serial number is much closer than I thought. my Hi-Speed was the 218th HS made after his. :mrgreen:

Hill billy

#27 Post by Hill billy »

Thanks for sharing the pics and info. Looking at old bows never gets old. Welcome to the site from Arkansas

elkslayer4x5

#28 Post by elkslayer4x5 »

Thanks, love talking about back in the day and sharing photos. :D By the way, I recommend a visit to the leatherwall (link below) if you like classic bows. This is the oldest traditional archery site on the web, as I mentioned above it will seem archaic. At the top left you'll find a search field, enter favorite bow, click keyword. Eye candy :mrgreen:
http://leatherwall.bowsite.com/TF/lw/THREADSx2.CFM

Return to “New Member Check In”