Indoor shooting

The majority of your bowhunting year is spent practicing and/or training. This is the place to discuss it!
Roadking

Re: Indoor shooting

#31 Post by Roadking »

All in good fun, cheap shots are fun. Yeh I did read on line those matts to have a strong rubbery odor. should go away after awhile hanging in the garage.

nm41mag

#32 Post by nm41mag »

A number of years ago I bought a thrift store find from a friend; A wing archery 40# birds eye maple bow 1 dozen wooden arrows and a very brittle field quiver. So before embarrassing my self at the range I shot the hanging target in my garage. 27feet across the patio an additional 15feet open the sliding glass door, shoot across the dinning room another 15feet or so.
Double clutch release and 18inches of bright yellow shaft with one of those crimp on target points sticking out of the garage door. the only bit of color in that hole condominium. I almost left it there.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#33 Post by Carpdaddy »

nm41mag wrote:A number of years ago I bought a thrift store find from a friend; A wing archery 40# birds eye maple bow 1 dozen wooden arrows and a very brittle field quiver. So before embarrassing my self at the range I shot the hanging target in my garage. 27feet across the patio an additional 15feet open the sliding glass door, shoot across the dinning room another 15feet or so.
Double clutch release and 18inches of bright yellow shaft with one of those crimp on target points sticking out of the garage door. the only bit of color in that hole condominium. I almost left it there.
Folks; we may have a winner! :lol: :lol: :lol:

stumper

#34 Post by stumper »

16 years old Bear 70 pound compound. Never load an empty bow right?....cheap Walmart release..... release snapped in half about 2/3 of the way back.....peirced three sheets of drywall and took a quarter sized chick out of the bathroom mirror.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Shadowhntr

#35 Post by Shadowhntr »

Hahahaha! Man im glad I didnt hardly ever have a spot to shoot indoors!

I did have a mishap once inside the house....as a kid....involving .22 LR.....nuff said. :?
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

stumper

#36 Post by stumper »

dahyer wrote:16 years old Bear 70 pound compound. Never load an empty bow right?....cheap Walmart release..... release snapped in half about 2/3 of the way back.....peirced three sheets of drywall and took a quarter sized chick out of the bathroom mirror.

I ALMOST FORGOT the other half of the story. I was able to keep the damage hidden from my Mother for almost a year. When she found out....... MY butt was grounded for a month.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#37 Post by Captainkirk »

Shadowhntr wrote: I did have a mishap once inside the house....as a kid....involving .22 LR.....nuff said. :?
Were you me in a parallel universe? :shock:
Aim small, miss small!

Shadowhntr

#38 Post by Shadowhntr »

Lol....maybe so!
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#39 Post by Captainkirk »

Shadowhntr wrote:Lol....maybe so!
It's been said that a .22LR can penetrate up to 7 inches of pine. That is a fact... :?
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Practice/Training”