Backyard burnin'

The majority of your bowhunting year is spent practicing and/or training. This is the place to discuss it!
Captainkirk
Site Admin

Backyard burnin'

#1 Post by Captainkirk »

Well, with the super-hot weather moved on and no rain, plus the fact that the 'natural fence' is in full bloom (keeping prying, nosy eyes where they belong), I've been doing a bit of backyard shooting around dusk again. I have completely fallen head over heels for my Kodiak Hunter, as it is very forgiving and rock-steady since we 'bonded' on my last north woods trip in June. (You might recall I brought the "wrong bow" by accident...LOL!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4201

No pix but I will try to get some on the next backyard session.
Any of you fellers doing any backyard burnin' lately?
Aim small, miss small!

stumper

Re: Backyard burnin'

#2 Post by stumper »

What do we want? Pics! When do we want them? Now! I'll probably do some burning tomorrow with my cardiac arrest.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

EWill

#3 Post by EWill »

Nearly every day.

Graps

#4 Post by Graps »

:?
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#5 Post by Carpdaddy »

Flung a few R’s myself today. :D

stumper

#6 Post by stumper »

Got a few arrows down range before a torrential down pour. The cardiac arrest which remains strung for the most part, is in as good form as ever. Still perhaps the sweetest bow I have shot to date, only rivaled by an elk seeker by elkman.... still awaiting my new bow with much anticipation.... if it shoot anything like the last bow of his I shot, I will have a hunting bow that is 14 inches shorter than the cardiac. That alone will make my life a bit easier.... we shall see how it shoots soon enough and I will post a full scale review after some testing. For now the cardiac remains my bow of choice out of the ones currently in my collection. 18 yards from target..
Attachments
20190801_145145_resize_30.jpg
20190801_145145_resize_30.jpg (123.32 KiB) Viewed 470 times
20190801_144356_resize_0.jpg
20190801_144356_resize_0.jpg (79.88 KiB) Viewed 471 times
The bow.
The bow.
20190801_144345_resize_97.jpg (76.52 KiB) Viewed 472 times

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#7 Post by Captainkirk »

Nice shootin, Tex! :D
Speaking of short bows...
There is a sort of thing like sibling rivalry among my vintage Bears. You can almost hear the bickering begin the minute I leave the room..."MOM! He hit me!" "Shut up ya little snot-face" "MOM! He called me a snot-face"...and such.
So it went tonight.
Y'all have heard me tell of how I'm bonding with the K-Hunter lately...well, I could almost hear the little K-mag whining as I was headed out back tonight, so on a whim, I strung it up and dragged it along.
My shooting tonight with the K-Hunter was good, but not as good as previous nights. So I picked up the Li'l Green Shootin' Machine and flung a few with it.
Not to be outdone by his older brother, he did this...several times.

How do ya argue with that?
Guess who's on top of the heap tonight? :shock:
Aim small, miss small!

Graps

#8 Post by Graps »

Gotta love those K-Mags. :D 8-)
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Hill billy

#9 Post by Hill billy »

I wont be sending pics of my groups! Unless its shot from 10yds after that pic.🤤 im just an amateur 😳 nice shooting 👌

stumper

#10 Post by stumper »

Well I think Kirk that we should ban you from using the kmag for the weekly challenge so we all have a chance... that's pretty darn good shooting.

Return to “Practice/Training”