Had the now 8 year old out shooting

The majority of your bowhunting year is spent practicing and/or training. This is the place to discuss it!
jaydee2trad

Had the now 8 year old out shooting

#1 Post by jaydee2trad »

today was her birthday and she is 8 years old. I had fixed her up with a quiver and those river cane arrows and she always wants to go outside and shoot. So we headed outside and she shot from 5 yards at the 3D deer target. I thought about letting her try to shoot at some tennis balls but decided that she needed a bigger target. I had a bigger target and was showing her but she had stopped to look at a dead squirrel that my wife had shot this morning and given to the cat. The cat was almost finished with the last squirrel but hadn't touched this one yet and as cold as it was earlier, he was still very fresh. Evie was really checking the squirrel out so I just casually asked if she wanted to shoot at it. Her eyes lit up as she nodded and spit out "Heck Yeah!" So, we moved it out in the yard and she worked hard at hitting it. She pegged all around it several times before finally hitting it. Her grandma was gone to town for pizza for her and she wanted to have her see it. So I had her to keep shooting until she had the other three arrows touching the squirrel. I told her that she couldn't say anything about it until after we ate. Thought she was going to bust as she waited for her grandmother to finish her pizza. Yeah, I'd say that she strutted outside with her grandma to show her. I made her an armguard that fits her better for her next visit. She is so hooked on archery and on hunting. She has been asking to sit in a deer stand while we hunt so we shall see this fall.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: Had the now 8 year old out shooting

#2 Post by Captainkirk »

:D

To say "nice work" would be an understatement! 8-)
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Practice/Training”