Your favorite?

Big Game not the only game in town? Talk about hunting medium and small game here!
Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: Your favorite?

#11 Post by Captainkirk »

Well, I ordered a half-dozen of the 11/32 Bunny Busters...not so much for waxing cottontails, but more for backyard bunny-sized targets and stumping and just to take them for a 'test drive'. Those Ace hexes look like Death on a Stick for rabbits and squirrels!
Aim small, miss small!

Longtrad

#12 Post by Longtrad »

How are you liking them bunny busters Kirk?

I have never tried it but I have seen fellers cut a slot in a 357 case and clue a sharpened piece of hack saw blade or something like that in there. I bet that would be bad medicine for rabbits and the like.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#13 Post by Captainkirk »

Longtrad wrote:How are you liking them bunny busters Kirk?

I have never tried it but I have seen fellers cut a slot in a 357 case and clue a sharpened piece of hack saw blade or something like that in there. I bet that would be bad medicine for rabbits and the like.
Have not shot them yet. Hopefully, this week.
Aim small, miss small!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#14 Post by Captainkirk »

Soooo...I promised you guys a review. Here it be.

For the sake of brevity (and in the spirit of experimentation...LOL!) I grabbed one of the already-fletched arrows Jason had sent me. It measured 32" and spined out on my Rube Goldberg spine checker at around 60#. I popped on one of the Bunny Busters...slid right on...and just like in the reviews, did NOT slide right off. One guy said he had to cut 'em off. I think if you slide a finish nail between shaft and rubber to break the vacuum they might come loose, but anyway; no glue needed!

Bunny Buster installed on arrow...no glue needed!

Close-up of BB...

So...how do they fly, you wonder? Well, I decided to find out despite the quickly fading daylight, or what was left of it. I decided I needed a "wabbit". Not having one handy, I found an empty gallon jug and filled it with water, laying it on it's side. Close enough for government work. I placed an old foam target I'd made behind it...

...and let fly.

How do you spell "glug, glug glug"? Three times more I shot, three times I decimated the poor wabbit So then I decided to see how it would react to the foam target...

Pretty much center-punched it. But unlike the field points that poke through maybe halfway and pull out leaving little trace, the "Wabbit Whomper" blew a hole maybe 11/16 clean through the foam and stuck it to the plywood behind it...

...here's the chunk of foam it blew out of the target. Is this what they mean by "blowing chunks"?

In short; Yup. They hit where you are aiming. They fly straight and true, at least they did at my test distance of 15 yards. These ain't no kiddie arrows. And I would not wanna be a wascally wabbit on the receiving end.
And no, don't shoot your doggie with them, kiddies.
Aim small, miss small!

Longtrad

#15 Post by Longtrad »

Those looks great Kirk. I really like rubber blunts but the ones I had were flat and they didn't hold up to many shots before the shaft would poke thrhough the end of the rubber. How do you think these will hold up?

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#16 Post by Captainkirk »

Longtrad wrote:Those looks great Kirk. I really like rubber blunts but the ones I had were flat and they didn't hold up to many shots before the shaft would poke thrhough the end of the rubber. How do you think these will hold up?
Good, I hope. The inside is formed to a taper like the shaft so it's a tight fit. REALLY tight.
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Medium and Small Game Hunting”