Michigan trying to extend gun season

Discussions regarding state and federal hunting laws, legal issues, interpretations, etc.
Greg Felty

Michigan trying to extend gun season

#1 Post by Greg Felty »

If it wasn't bad enough competing with the crossbows, now Michigan wants to ad 10 days to the start of gun season.

LANSING, Mich. (WXYZ) — A bill introduced in the Michigan House of Representatives looks to extend Michigan's firearm deer hunting season by 10 days.

House Bill 5244, introduced by Reps. Gary Eisen, Douglas Wosniak, Steven Johnson and Matt Maddock, aims to move the start of firearm deer season up to Nov. 5 and the end on Dec. 1.

Currently, firearm deer season runs from Nov. 15-30.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Grizzly

Re: Michigan trying to extend gun season

#2 Post by Grizzly »

Is that being pushed by your Farm Bureau? I seem to recall something like that here in Illinois. I can only assume, since I wasn't as involved as some of the United Bowhunters of Illinois members were that they'd like to see the overpopulated herds thinned out more. If that's the case, they have all the numbers at hand: how many are killed by guns, crossbows, compounds, traditional archery, handguns and muzzleloaders. I think I remember that the gun hunters numbers were higher especially when you consider they have a shorter season. I wonder also if they want to thin the herd faster and more because of the spread of chronic wasting disease. Either way, I know how much we hate to loose days of our season which goes way back in time. Especially when you consider it was the traditional bowhunters who managed to prove it was ethical and possible to hunt deer with our equipment originally.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#3 Post by Captainkirk »

Well, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em, Greg! (gotta make lemonade out of those lemons!)
Aim small, miss small!

Graps

#4 Post by Graps »

Just something to think about, the liberals are attempting to sneak in the side door with getting people paranoid about eating game animals and trying to abolish hinting all together.
Never mind that man behind the curtain.
"Maybe the truly handicapped people are the ones that don't need God as much." ~ Joni Eareckson Tada

Grizzly

#5 Post by Grizzly »

I think that bill itself is suspect. They should leave the management of the wildlife to the state Dept of Natural Resources. But even the head of that is appointed by the Gov. It's bad business when politics gets into these decisions best managed by dedicated professionals who hopefully listen to the people as well as the data and proven methods.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Return to “Laws, Rules and Regs, Legal Issues”