What a birthday present - Rossi SxS shotgun!

Anything that has Nothing to do with archery!
Forum rules
No political rants, discussion or arguing.
dhaverstick

What a birthday present - Rossi SxS shotgun!

#1 Post by dhaverstick »

My birthday was last Thursday and my brother, Dale, wanted to meet with me Saturday morning so he could give me his present. We met at my buddy's barbershop and when he walked in the door with a a gun sock full of something, I knew I was fixing to get something good. It was a Rossi 20 gauge SxS stagecoach model. Our dad had one when we were kids and a boxcar couldn't hold all the game that Dad and I killed with that thing! In fact, after 20+ years of constant use, we finally just wore it out. The left firing pin was worn down such that it would snap on you as often as fire. We could live with that but after the barrels started separating, Dad decided it was time to retire the firearm. I don't think these guns have been made in 30 years. Dale said he bought this one from some feller in Kentucky. It is in mint condition and somebody did some fine carving on the stock at some point. Dale was also thoughtful enough to give me a box of shells so as soon as I got home from town, I scampered down the hill behind the house to kill some squirrels. As it happened, I came upon a boar chasing a sow after about 15 minutes and I was able to get both of them. That sure brought back a lot of memories!

I found this old photo of me and the original shotgun. I was around 16 at the time.

The gun is around 37" long with 18" barrels chambered for 3" shells. The left barrel has a full choke and the right barrel has a modified choke. Fall turkey season just opened and I have a few jakes hanging out behind the house. I sure would like to introduce one of them to my little friend!

Darren

Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: What a birthday present - Rossi SxS shotgun!

#2 Post by Captainkirk »

Wow! What a gorgeous piece! You are lucky indeed to have a brother like Dale. And look at you at 16...a killin' machine!
Aim small, miss small!

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

#3 Post by Carpdaddy »

Wow, that is one fine looking piece, awesome!

Elkman
Site Admin

#4 Post by Elkman »

What a beauty!
Getting full use of it right away.

Happy Belated birthday Darren.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”