Black Powder-the Trad Archery of Guns

Anything that has Nothing to do with archery!
Forum rules
No political rants, discussion or arguing.
stumper

Re: Black Powder-the Trad Archery of Guns

#141 Post by stumper »

Captainkirk wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:57 am
stumper wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:13 am Beaut right there kirk. I need another lever gun in my life. Henry makes a lever. 410 I've been looking at.
Dave, I see New Henry now is offering a rifle with a feature that allows either traditional loading (from the feed tube end as with all other Henry's) or from the receiver...King-style loading gate. That was my biggest beef with New Henry; I don't like dropping large caliber shells down a long feed tube.
I hear Ya. I like the tube as I cant stand a loading gate. It's all personal preference I guess.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Nock

#142 Post by Nock »

85A87DEB-2A80-4FE1-8691-C1CE18EC0953.jpeg
85A87DEB-2A80-4FE1-8691-C1CE18EC0953.jpeg (189.42 KiB) Viewed 1168 times
Pic of my old muzzleloader from last month. Killed a good buck that afternoon. I’ll try to get around to posting the story and some pics. It’s pretty good. Some ups and downs.
Happiness is a tight chain!

Greg Felty

#143 Post by Greg Felty »

Can't wait to hear the story and see the pics.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Grizzly

#144 Post by Grizzly »

Sounds good. I always enjoyed the times hunting with the old TC Hawken even if it was given to me cause the barrel was nearly ruined. I found that ballets would shoot accurately out to 80 yards or so. Wish I'd have picked up a Green Mountain barrel when they were plentiful.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#145 Post by Captainkirk »

Recently scored on a slightly used Lyman Great Plains .54 in flint. First rock lock I've owned. Can't wait to get out and try it.
Aim small, miss small!

jaydee2trad

#146 Post by jaydee2trad »

a flincher is a lot of fun to shoot, have seen some guys shoot better scores with the flintlock versus the cap. I gave my last flintlock to one of my grandsons. you will have a blast with it.

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#147 Post by Captainkirk »

That much I know! :mrgreen:
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”