Prayers needed

This forum is for sharing all your prayers for family and fellow members of the traditional archery community.
Forum rules
Prayers and concerns involving members families and friends.
Shadowhntr

Prayers needed

#1 Post by Shadowhntr »

Yesterday, my wifes Mother was admitted to CCU. She has degraded in health badly over the last year. Having function problems with heart, resperatory, and kidneys. She is also become anemic. We got word from the hospital this morning, she has worsened, and there are 2 choices apparantly. Try hooking her up to a ventilator, or making her as comfortable as possible. Please remember my wife and her family as they have to make very tough decisions today. Thanks for your prayers and support.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: Prayers needed

#2 Post by Carpdaddy »

You got it!

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#3 Post by Captainkirk »

You and yours are in my prayers, Jase. Believe it.
Aim small, miss small!

Ole Dave

#4 Post by Ole Dave »

Boy, does that post bring back memories...

They told me if they use the paddles on anyone, it means being on life support and nobody gets off that! What a crock!

People do so all the time! God's in charge, not docs! :(

I will pray for your wisdom and God's healing touch to be on your wife, her Mom and the family.... His will be done!

Keep the Son in your eyes!
All we have and call our own, once belonged to someone else, and will again. Our purpose here is not to serve ourselves.

Bigfoot SAS LB (47# LB limbs 38# Semi Static RC limbs)

Couple of old Bear bows

stumper

#5 Post by stumper »

Got your 6 buddy.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.

Mohawk

#6 Post by Mohawk »

Continued prayers for you, yours and the entire family bro.

Jamesh76

#7 Post by Jamesh76 »

prayers sent

Shadowhntr

#8 Post by Shadowhntr »

Thank you all for your prayers.

Well the family didn't have to make any tough decision, and for that im very thankful. The Dr's decided the medicines used along with the resperator would likely cause the heart to quit. They are presently giving her a type of shot that stimulates the heart, without which her heart would likely just quit. The medical team is prepared to continue with the shots, but fear they will only work short term. Its a matter of borrowing time. They did however say, that doesn't factor in her continued desire to fight to live, and that accounts for something, but the future looks grim. It also doesn't consider Gods will, and if He isnt ready to take her, she will live a while longer. No way we can know. God bless you all for your prayers.
The element of surprise can never be replaced by persistence.

Ole Dave

#9 Post by Ole Dave »

prayers for others is our privilege as believers, not a burden ...

They seem to worry some (docs) that family understand what is short term fix vs. a cure...folks get sorta ouchy about loved ones.

Dad's heart valves were shot from rheumatic fever as a kid, then he ate PA German food that clogged his arteries. His heart was toast and he died of CHF...

When the time comes, nobody can say yea or nay...and that is between the patient and God
All we have and call our own, once belonged to someone else, and will again. Our purpose here is not to serve ourselves.

Bigfoot SAS LB (47# LB limbs 38# Semi Static RC limbs)

Couple of old Bear bows

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#10 Post by Captainkirk »

Prayers will continue until you ask them to stop. I am honored that you have asked.
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Prayers”