Dropped arrows

Tell us your Traditional Bow Hunting experiences
Forum rules
Discuss all aspects of the hunt.
jaydee2trad

Dropped arrows

#1 Post by jaydee2trad »

I have been guilty of a few dropped arrows while in the stand. one time, I was meat hunting in the Caney Creek Wilderness Refuge. I had walking quite a ways after wading the Cossotot River. I used a climber and was about 20" up a big pine and had just settled in for the wait. it was still another 45 minutes or so until daylight and I had my bow hanging from a limb with arrow nocked and ready. I suddenly needed to take a nature break and so stood up in the dark to get my urine bottle. No big deal except I bumped my arrow and off it dropped. I heard it stick into the ground below me as I went about my business. As daylight began, I scanned down below to see my arrow. Yep, there it was, the bright blue and red feathers stuck out like a sore thumb. But that shouldn't be a problem I thought as I sat back and peeled my eyes and ears. Had a big juicy doe coming in from behind and I really needed her to get more out in front of me. As I watched, she stopped and stretched outward as she stared at my arrow. I watched her do the head bob and then a couple foot stomps as she stared at it. Finally she quietly turned around and headed off, made me sick back then, didn't get too many opportunities. it is what it is but afterwards, I had an arrow holder. JD

Return to “Bow Hunting experiences”