big exotic hunt planned

Bears, big cats, exotic and African game hunting with trad gear
jaydee2trad

big exotic hunt planned

#1 Post by jaydee2trad »

Ok, not exactly but for what has transpired the last several months, it is an exotic hunt. While I am still not doing so hot, I am planning on a day outside of walking around shooting at tennis balls and then sneaking up on my old 3D deer target and killing it (I hope). Right now I don't even know if I can draw and shoot my bows but I am hoping to feeling like shooting inside if only from 8 yards just to get back into the swing of things. I got permission to use the Total Gym but lightly so hope to start that soon too. This is Arkansas so there will be a few days here and there later that will be nice and warm and hopefully dry enough to shoot outside. Just to be outside shooting will be awesome at this point. Besides, as a kid, I did a lot of imaginary hunting out in the woods behind the house with a homemade bow and arrows. Every once in a while even killed a pine cone or a cow pattie (dry of course.) I managed to scare a few rabbits with my dad's fiberglass bow and wooden arrows. I even lost a few of them with Ben Pearson broadheads on them. The good thing was my dad was in Viet Nam and never knew.

Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Re: big exotic hunt planned

#2 Post by Carpdaddy »

Amen! After not being able to hunt at all, I missed an entire season last year, every adventure is a great one! As darkness fell yesterday I snuck out and poked a few holes in my target, and a couple in the ground. But it was the first shots in weeks so I’ll take it. Shot a round of about five arrows from my porch, about 23 yards, and a round close after pulling them. I hope to get another hunt or two in this season but hard to get excited in the cold with the old! Do what you can as you can and let your mind do the rest. Got a couple warmer days coming here this week but I accepted two preaching appointments, that will be all I can handle.

jaydee2trad

Re: big exotic hunt planned

#3 Post by jaydee2trad »

Hope that you get back out Tony, it is a struggle right now for me. My transplanted cornea is still cloudy and may be for another month or more plus this weakness from being sick. So my footing is lousy as is my balance but I ain't giving up for nothing. The preaching is a great thing too and it requires some preperation as well. But yeah, just getting back out to shoot can be a really big deal.

Return to “Exotic and Dangerous Game”