3 more for my collection

History of Archery and collecting antique and collectible Traditional Archery supplies.
Forum rules
This forum is for discussing the history of archery. The collecting of antique and collectible traditional archery items. Not for selling items or trading. Not for selling items you manufactured unless you are a sponsor.
elkslayer4x5

Re: 3 more for my collection

#11 Post by elkslayer4x5 »

Greg Felty wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:49 am I have 15. 11 i can shoot 4 that are to heavy for me. I like buying and trying. Then selling the ones that don't suit me. I need to a sell a few right now. I don't like shipping bows so I put them on craigslist. They don't move very fast.
That may be not a lot of 'want to be traditional bowhunters' are looking of craigslist, Almost every trad board has a for sale page. I think this site also has a page like that. I paid $19 shipping for my latest toy, which wasn't too bad(although I'd have squealed like a pig under at gate at that price 5 years ago!) in today's world of shipping. My last one came in two of those USPS triangular boxes taped together and stuffed with newspaper.

Grizzly

Re: 3 more for my collection

#12 Post by Grizzly »

I bought my Bear Grizzly from a local shopper pamphlet add 20 years ago. Maybe before Craig's list. I was burned for a fishing reel on ebay about that same time. It happens every once in a while. Then there are the "gorillas" in shipping to worry about, especially with a one piece bow. But, who knows, I never did have a problem buying bows off ebay but there is a risk. Have you also tried physical bulletin boards at the local sportsman's clubs?
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Return to “Collecting & History”