metal detecting

Anything that has Nothing to do with archery!
Forum rules
No political rants, discussion or arguing.
jaydee2trad

metal detecting

#1 Post by jaydee2trad »

I have been metal detecting hard for several years, it has been very good exercise for me with the constant getting down and getting up. I have found gold and silver, plenty of old coins and lots of relics as well. I have found and returned 4 class rings which was awesome. But the coolest things that the wife and I have found were a total of 4 WWII dog tags that we were able to return to the families in 4 states. Three of the families were super excited to get something of a loved one's past back. These soldiers had gone to Africa and served under Patton. The really amazing thing was that all had survived the war and made it back. And now we have friends in places like Idaho and Maryland, the other two were in Ohio and Michican. They had come thru here on their way for various training. No idea as to how long they had stayed here but they traveled by train and were set up about 3 hundred yards from the tracks. We found a lot of evidence of them training here from fired 30-06 rounds and 30 carbine to 45. I also found spent 50 cal. cases as well as five different kinds of collar disks from artlillary, infantry, Combat Engineers and others. I found a silver marksman medal and a lot of other stuff that belonged to them. Just love the military stuff. Yeah, got too many hobbies. JD

Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: metal detecting

#2 Post by Captainkirk »

You need to figure out how to post pix! That sounds really cool!
Aim small, miss small!

jaydee2trad

#3 Post by jaydee2trad »

I will get my helpmate to help me get it done, she is the one to do it but she is still in a lot of pain

Grizzly

#4 Post by Grizzly »

I'll bet she is. We will keep her in our prayers.
Jesus replaces the old covenant and speaks to the believer the moral code of God by His Spirit directly to the heart. He is the eternal, everlasting revelation of God to mankind. In Him is both the knowledge of righteousness and the power to live right.

Return to “Off-Topic Discussion”