Flu Flu's a great addition

How to's, questions, and build alongs for those traditional archers who are interested in building their own custom arrows.
Forum rules
This area strictly for arrows. Building, flight or broadhead flight.
jaydee2trad

Flu Flu's a great addition

#1 Post by jaydee2trad »

There are several styles or types of flu flu s and they each have their place for what they do. When I saw my first one many many years ago, I was blown away at what they could do for me. I began making several different kinds as I experimented with them on birds, rabbits and squirrels. Plus we shot a lot of hand thrown objects and even rolling objects and these came in handy for that. The biggest deal was arrow recovery versus loss. Shooting up a tree in a mess of the woods at a squirrel meant that the arrow had a greater chance for being found than before. I can remembering losing 7 or 8 arrows in a row before them, never to be seen again. Then it becomes a matter of what tip to be using for the job at hand. I have shot thru rabbits with a regular arrow with a rubber tip but when I went to flu flu s, that pretty much stopped. I have run off several dogs with flu flu s and rubber tipped arrows where I wanted the arrow to hurt some but not too badly. I can say that one cat was a little too close and didn't fare so well. But as a whole, Flu Flu's are awesome tools for us to use abd fun to use. Have had several people surprised at how well they work.

Return to “All about arrows”