Yesterday was New Bow Day at my house!

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
dhaverstick

Yesterday was New Bow Day at my house!

#1 Post by dhaverstick »

I'm moose hunting again this fall so I thought I better treat myself to a new longbow for the adventure. You know, because all my other longbows and recurves are worn out. Mike Dunnaway, of Wild Horse Creek Bows, had some new wood combinations at his booth at the UBM Festival and he quickly set the hook on me as I perused his wares.

This is a 62" Destiny two-piece takedown longbow that pulls 54#@28". The riser is cocobolo, the limb core is bamboo, and the limb veneer is spalted tamarind. I shot it yesterday evening and my first arrow out of the bow was a 20-yard shot at a clay bird. I hit the bird and thought that was pretty good omen. Hopefully, this bow and I will be bringing home a pile of moose meat the first part of October.

Darren

Elkman
Site Admin

Re: Yesterday was New Bow Day at my house!

#2 Post by Elkman »

Very nice Darren.
Calling Elk - Awesome! !€

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#3 Post by Captainkirk »

Gorgeous bow, Darren! Best of luck on the upcoming moose hunt. I'm mighty interested in that PVC target hanger...could you show some detail shots and maybe break down what schedule and size of PVC you use to build it?
Aim small, miss small!

dhaverstick

#4 Post by dhaverstick »

Kirk, I can do you one better and send you the plans. My primarily occupation is to write automation routines for the 2D and 3D CAD software my company uses. Thus, I have access to some pretty high end design software.

Darren

dhaverstick

#5 Post by dhaverstick »

Here is a link to the plans for the PVC pipe archery target stand. This version is for holding a bag target. I can also post the plans with the full size moose target option if anyone is interested.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hV6x36 ... drive_link

Darren

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#6 Post by Captainkirk »

dhaverstick wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:26 am Here is a link to the plans for the PVC pipe archery target stand. This version is for holding a bag target. I can also post the plans with the full size moose target option if anyone is interested.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hV6x36 ... drive_link

Darren
Wow! Thanks a million Darren! A bag holder is exactly what I was trying to conjure up in my head, then I saw yours. Eureka!
Aim small, miss small!

Return to “Campfire”