Squack Season in Ky

Come on in and sit a spell. There's a seat for you around the campfire.
Forum rules
Please keep hunting posts to Traditional Bow Hunting. No canned or high fence hunts or stories allowed. Please be respectful of fellow members and helpful to those with questions. Treat others like you like to be treated. There is a Japanese word that I try and model my life after.
GAMAN: patience..dignity..restraint.
Carpdaddy
Site Admin

Squack Season in Ky

#1 Post by Carpdaddy »

Squirrel season opened here in Ky yesterday and I’m craving some squirrel dumplings! Not been hunting them much in recent years but it was one of the most exciting days ever in my childhood! Still love to eat them but just don’t do it much anymore.
Anyone still chasing them critters?

Captainkirk
Site Admin

Re: Squack Season in Ky

#2 Post by Captainkirk »

They are a heckuva lot harder to hit than any ol' whitetail broadside!
I would, but the wife swears up and down she would never eat one or allow it in the house. Wimminfolks...
Aim small, miss small!

dhaverstick

#3 Post by dhaverstick »

In Missouri, our season opens the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend and I always go out and kill a mess to celebrate. I continue to work on them off and on through the summer with various instruments of death. I recently purchased a flintlock SxS smoothbore that I have been using to put them in the freezer.

Once fall gets here and bow season opens, I turn to bigger targets.

Darren

Captainkirk
Site Admin

#4 Post by Captainkirk »

dhaverstick wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:46 am In Missouri, our season opens the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend and I always go out and kill a mess to celebrate. I continue to work on them off and on through the summer with various instruments of death. I recently purchased a flintlock SxS smoothbore that I have been using to put them in the freezer.

Once fall gets here and bow season opens, I turn to bigger targets.

Darren
Uhhh...fall's here, Darren! Next weekend is Labor Day! (can you believe?!!!)
Aim small, miss small!

dhaverstick

#5 Post by dhaverstick »

Our season opens on 9/15 so I'll continue to pile up the bushytails until then. They're starting to cut nuts here so it's a lot of fun.

Darren

Return to “Campfire”